Managed to get out trotting today...

Tigger

Yes it was an enjoyable day dispite all.

For anyone reading, after a good walk to our first choice of pegs, we found it was packed out (I've never seen it so busy). So we went on a new to both of us stretch on the lower tidal waters, but no sooner had we started getting some good chub in the bag, than tide came in. :wallbash: We tried a couple more spots after that, but we didn't strike gold.

All in all it was a good day to be out. Just a shame other anglers thought the same, but that the last few days of the season for you i suppose.

I reckon that first swim we tried before we where flooded off will be well worth a propper go in the summer for those roach. Trouble is by then you'll have that many rivers to fish you'll be totally spoiled for choice :D

I reckon that first swim we tried before we where flooded off will be well worth a propper go in the summer for those roach. Trouble is by then you'll have that many rivers to fish you'll be totally spoiled for choice :D

Think i will have to give it another chance some time in winter. A handful of chub with 2 around the 5lb mark in 30 mins of fishing ain't bad going. :)

Yes i have just been looking at that list of rivers. Ive never even heard of some of them and i think i might need some new boots for next season and that's just for the Ribble. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Lucky buggers the pair of you. Ive been stuck indoors changing nappies and running around after wife for the last two weeks lol. Good to see the river is still doing well. I am a bit gutted I didnt manage to get on it before the end of the season. I have been given the nod to do some fishing this weekend as I have been earning brownie points for a fortnight but the closed season has spoilt my chances of a barbel for a while. :rolleyes:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Brian/Lutra and myself spent the afternoon trotting the stream and very nice it was too. It was a bit chilly at times but still very enjoyable :). We both had good numbers of chub which where all in tip top fettle and fought like good un's before being netted. All in all a perfect way to end the river season, top company and plenty fish to boot ! Thank's for a great day Brian :thumbs:

Here's an example of the fish we where catching....

march14chub.jpg

Brian/Lutra and myself spent the afternoon trotting the stream and very nice it was too. It was a bit chilly at times but still very enjoyable :). We both had good numbers of chub which where all in tip top fettle and fought like good un's before being netted. All in all a perfect way to end the river season, top company and plenty fish to boot ! Thank's for a great day Brian :thumbs:

Here's an example of the fish we where catching....

march14chub.jpg

Cheers Ian and thanks for a good day and great company. :thumbs:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep