Winter feeding.

MrWiggly

Has anyone noticed a change in their fish feeding habits over the last few years ?

I know that they always used to advise "Wheatgerm" feeding during the winter, but over the last few years my pond fish have been happily gobbling up "normal" food during the "cold season", with no sign of their appetite waining.

Normal pellet food, bread, and even the occasional bits of Pizza crust (a summer favourite) are being snatched as fast as I can throw them in !

Are fish habits changing due to warmer winters ? Global warming ? I can't remember that last time that my pond iced up completely.

What say you ? :confused:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Ive been chucking the odd worm or two in plus a bit of bread during the winter.

Looks like i had better thrpw a few pellets in too.

The water as gone a bit murky again so i might get the pump going again so i can see how they are fairing.

Guest Ferret1959

I hardly feed my fish any time and they do well on the natural food.

I don't see them often so may start feeding them to encourage them out a bit.

Mind you they hide well and have avoided the attention of herons.

during the winter I feed mine only on maggot, pinkies or squats

attendance at a bad weather match generally seems me coming away with half a gallon of other anglers unused baits . . which if kept refrigirated last 4 more weeks or longer . .

and the fish seem to do quite nicely

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !