Boilies for chub.

Norfolkdan

"However, the biggest ones are!"

Too true - I've caught loads since Thursday, upto 5.02lbs...on bronze maggots, with some braddocks supa spice one them

Slugs, as stated above have caught me my biggest though...messy business, but well worth it..

tight lines

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Personally I don't bother with hair rigged baits for chub and as boilies invariably fit this category, I never fish with them as a bait of choice.

When barbel fishing on the lower Severn I get a lot of chub runs with boilie, and although I do catch a fair few, not every run results in a fish. Lots end up with dropped baits.

When chub fishing it's usually paste or bread moulded around the hook.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

hhhmmmm chevin boilies,

dt baits m-techs are good(not used em myself)

trigga is god!used it to good effect,trigga and trigga ice.

source by dynamite has a good reputation as a good barbel and chub bait.

i have gone off boilies a bit,looking at paste(summit tells me its better,softer etc) as a (john bakers) more and more,that or fish baits and lures.bread also tho,never forget humble bread.

keep them hairs short

[ 20. June 2005, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!