Worst Piece Of Reporting Ever?

Elton

Does this make any sense to you?

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/96...ng_to_net_eels/

Reading between the lines, I've concluded that the guy got nabbed for fishing without a rod licence - the dates given for the closed season don't match the date of the offence and there appears to be nothing specific to eels!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Chris Perch

Does this make any sense to you?

I thought there was a blanket ban on the taking of eels.

This report says nothing of why they were charged or what methods they were using?

I have never heard of the eel close season.

But have never taken eels for the table - Maybe this was why they were charged ?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Presumably this....

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...ing/119393.aspx

You must return any eel (Anguilla anguilla*) or Allis or Twaite shad you catch from any water in England and Wales.

This includes estuaries and inshore waters, to a distance of six nautical miles.

But agree - shoddy, muddled reporting!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Very odd article.

It's legal to fish the rivers for eels in the coarse fish closed season, but there are restrictions on baits and methods. Could be that they claimed they were fishing for eels and were told their tackle/bait didn't qualify. That would need the date to be wrong, though.

My money is on a simple "no licence", an EA press release about the ban on taking eels and a clueless journalist.

It's a mudled piece of journalism all right. Some may get the imperssion that the' 3 month close season' is in place to allow the Eels to breed, which of course as anglers we know to be nonsense, the hairs of horses tails which fall out into the water turn into eels!

The shortage of eels can be linked directly to far fewer horses being kept and driven through fords.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Given the eel's protected status I found it ridiculous when the EA or whatever they are called this week, said that otters introduced into prime a Nth Yorkshire trout stream wouldn't harm the trout as they fed mainly on eels! Especially given that the stream was way above anywhere you would expect many eels to get to.

Given the eel's protected status I found it ridiculous when the EA or whatever they are called this week, said that otters introduced into prime a Nth Yorkshire trout stream wouldn't harm the trout as they fed mainly on eels! Especially given that the stream was way above anywhere you would expect many eels to get to.

Regards, Clive

Guest Chris Perch
Nonsense Emma, as eny fule kno, eels spontaneously arise from the mud!

Was thinking that myself - Horses tails whatever next lol

Was thinking that myself - Horses tails whatever next lol

Oh supersticious fools! embrace enlightenment!...it's horse hair! (and lampeys were once cow tails, this can be proven as there are more cows around than ever, and so there are lots of lampreys)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Oh supersticious fools! embrace enlightenment!...it's horse hair! (and lampeys were once cow tails, this can be proven as there are more cows around than ever, and so there are lots of lampreys)

I have to say I'm more inclined to accept Emma's suggestions, than some of those put about concerning the otter!