Bloody Fireworks!

bitsbobs

Last year a private members bill passed through the house of commons succesfully aiming to restrict the sale and use of fireworks unless licensed, I understand that the bill had its second reading and is currently on course to become law in the not too distant future.

Support for the bill was cross party and quite strong.

It was not the intention to spoil the fun of poor misguided souls who cannot party without explosives but merely to bring some sense to the current status.

Sale was to be limited to licensed shops for a severely limited period around November,

Size of explosive limited to eliminate those 'bunker-busting' mortar shells, Ignition times to be limited to 'reasonable hours' i.e. no all-nighters, I personally don't think the bill went far enough, I would like to see a total ban but then I'm a control freak.

If you would like to ensure that this bill becomes law please write to your local MP and urge his support of the bill which was I think raised by Scottish labour MP Bill Tynan.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I understand what you all say but I must admit to loving fireworks. Perhaps raising the age limit on purchasing them to 21 would help to stop the youngsters from getting their hands on them. I've also seen shop staff on numerous occasions sell fireworks to kids that are obviously under 16, clamping down on these with bigger fines should also be a priority.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

:) Good news! I read today that the fireworks bill received Royal Assent this very week, the bad news is however that it won't be effective until next year.

I look forward to reading the fine detail which does include a noise (decibel) limit, anti-social hours limitations, and much stricter regulation and licensing. :)

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Moaning old farts :D:D , you're like the old fella that used to come out and chase us for playing footy in the street when we were kids .

Didn't matter that there was a park down the road 'cos that was used by all the dog owners to take the dogs for a S**t!!

Keith

Only jesting Guys it's only for three months of the year anyway

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

Sorry Keith but that's the point mate ... its not three months for some of us, its like a life sentence... only you get time off for good behaviour with that! :D

It starts about now and goes through until the lighter nights next year, and then calms down except for party time, bbq time, housewarming time, etc...etc... I have some of our 'trusty' boys in blue living around me and they have the wildest firework parties and all night drinking do's out in the garden, playing footy in the early hours, crashing about and generally making me wish I could afford a place miles from the nearest neighbour.

Try reasoning with them? you must be joking.

So I am afraid that this legislation is the only way to 'persuade' these people that they are being unreasonable.

Sorry if I'm an old fart for that.

The going off of these explosions (fire works) start here at the begining of September, goes balistic leading up to 5/11 then we have a lull until Christmas then the new year. I'm only 41 but I remember when fire works were for Bonfire night. These ruddy things are used to attack people or scare to death the elderly. I say NOW is the time to ban them from shops. Surely organised events would be cheaper to go to than what you pay for them at your local shop/super market with less chance of you or your children getting injured.