Butchers meat, overly salted

Andy_1984

I used to make Black Pudding too. The little white bits should be added fats.

When I moved into the Abbatoir side I was initiated at the height of summer by being thrown into the blood tank.

I then had a seven mile walk home.

I eat my black pudding uncooked out of the skin... :P:P

May I add that black pudding is very nutritious and a great cure for aneamia.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in hospital many years ago and the guy in the next bed had a tape worm, i asked one of the nurses how he would have got a tape worm and she said " too much black pudding " apparently the white lumps was where the tape worm eggs hang out.

I suppose today hygene in the abbatois is much better.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

I was in hospital many years ago and the guy in the next bed had a tape worm, i asked one of the nurses how he would have got a tape worm and she said " too much black pudding " apparently the white lumps was where the tape worm eggs hang out.

I suppose today hygene in the abbatois is much better.

Cheers Fred

Hygiene is as good or bad as it ever was. You can never guarantee cleanliness in the abbatoir, anyone who says different has never worked in one. You have blood, urine and faeces everywhere.

In addition you had the gut room that dealt with the offal and skins, never a clean place at the best of times.

You try to keep a clean area using Jets washers but you can never fully clean until the day is over. In one of the abbatoirs I worked at in Nottingham we had on average 400-600 Pigs, 250-400 Sheep and around 80-120 cattle on a good day.

Aside that you then had animals to be slaughtered that were deemed unfit for consumption, old Sows and Ewes etc etc.

Been through the whole meat trade from start to plate and only at the latter stages can you guarantee cleanliness.

------------------------

A tape worm is the best way to lose weight if you are obese.

A couple of them inside you and the weight just falls off, then just a milkshake to get rid of them.

That's how it's meant to be! And you poach it in its skin, you don't slice it and fry it like some southern barbarian!

I may be a little biased, though, I'm from Lancashire and you may as well try to convince a Frenchman that his regional specialities aren't the best there is!

Got a right ****ing off my foreman once for poaching me black puddings in the building sites tea urn ,grease floating on top of everyones brew :lol:

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame