Broadband Trigger Level

Elton

jeepster:

if you're more than 5 km from the exchange you still wont be able to get it, as i found out the other day!

I havent the foggiest where the exchange is in the first place mate!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

neither did i until i got a letter from BT being their usual helpful efficient selves, they thanked me for my interest in broadband, went through the pricing structures, told me what equiopment i'd need and then told me i lived too far away! mind you, having read what i've read on here recedntly about the new BT/YAHOO broadand i'm glad i didnt sign up with them now!

It's about time you got speeded up Elton, I can't believe you weren't on BB already :P

For those that aren't in reach of an exchange or haven't as yet fallen into the installation areas/trigger levels, there is an alternative that's being feild tested at the moment - Broadband through your normal electricity cabling.

Apparently it is possible to transmit data through the wiring in your house to and from an exchange similar to Cable and this may be the way to solve many connection issues.

But this isn't new and has been extensively trialed in Japan at great expense before being shelved so don't get too giddy just yet

Dave

[ 23. September 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Webbo ]

Electricity?

Nope, ain't got that in our village yet :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I believe that they are also trialling a new system whereby one prints ones message or data or whatever on paper, seal it into a small paper parcel suitably addressed and pop it into a local 'network server' box, from where it is collected and distributed across the web arriving (hopefully) at ones personal 'mailbox' within a month or so. (timescales may vary dependant on demand of service).

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

It'll never catch on Snotty. The wigglies down the mains cable makes far more sense.....

Paul