Processor help

*Ant*

Sorry, could do with some help........again. :o

When I turn my pc on and the start up page appears (the page that lists my pc spec), it has started listing my processor as an Athlon 1100mhz. I know it is infact an Athlon 1700xp, which up untill yesterday it stated. Anyone have any ideas why it now says 1100mhz??? :confused:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Ant - if nobody else has a clue (and I surely do not) you might post the question to the hardware section of www.windowsbbs.com/index.php

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Try this link mate, web page AMD. now type in the box, Why is my processor incorrectly identified by my system at start-up, this will give you the answer.

Tried to link you straight in but it would not allow me too, you will find your processor is probably running at the correct speed, keep us informed on your progress.

Regards Tony.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

It sounds like the FSB (front side bus) speed is too slow.

You`ll need to enter the BIOS and change it from there.

On start up prees DEL (usually DEL) to enter the BIOS set up, and go into advanced settings. You`ll have something saying FSB 100mhz you need to change that to 133mhz usually by pressing the '+' key.

Then press F10 to save and exit.

It will then restart and load up as usual, then it should be running at 1.47 GHz as it should be.

IF you`re not sure on what you are doing, Then consult the experts,

I`ve done this several times on my own PC (Athlon XP 2100+ 1.73 Ghz running @ 2.02 GHz @ 43C)

Thanks all, i'm working on it!

BTW, the start-up page is also showing "shared memory 16mb", it used to be 64mb.

I also ran the anti-virus on Norton Systemworks and it found a TROJAN :confused: . Do you think this is the cause?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.