Lake in france

Well I'm back from France had a great time. I didn't get a great lot of fishing in, too much other work todo :(

I didn't catch any of the bass but I saw quite a few jumping so I know they are there

Out of the 2 lakes I only fished the one of the lakes as a few years ago one of the lakes was emptied when it was enlarged and the fish were put in the other lake.

I fished for a few hours each evening and caught a few fish nothing huge but catches got better each time I fished, I feel I got the hang of it when it was time to come home :( next time I will bag up :D I hope :P

I caught carp up to 5lb, Tench to 3lb, small roach, snotties and somthing new for me some pumkinseeds

I also had a little dabble in the small pond behind the barn its not more than 12 meters wide by 20 meters long but had a few carp up to 2 lb from it.

Over all a great time no silly rules or bait bans just common sence can't wait to go back

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

argyll:

Sorry Rudd I think you may have got the wrong end of french law re waterways and fishing.

A private lake on private ground is just that, oherwise all of those expensive English owned carp ponds would be out of business overnight. Open access to waterways (rivers and canals) is available just as long as you dont do it from someone else's back garden. ie the tidal thames rules apply.

There was one of them house moving programs where a builder bought a French farm house complete with a Big lake (no turning back or something like that).

He and his family moved there with the intention of opening a carp fishery for British anglers.

It turned out that anyone could fish the lake free due to some French law.

The regional fishing President would not give some type of permission to change some type of deeds or something to make the lake Private.

In the end they came to an arrangment that every angler fishing the lake would have to pay an extra GBP50.00 PER WEEK to fish the lake.

In return the lake would be made private.

The builder added this cost into the weekly price of the fishing package.

Could this be a reason why French fishing holidays on private waters are expensive?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Any water owned by the local community is free fishing for all members of that community.Any outsiders regardless of nationality have to pay.The guy on the programme you mention paid the price (as a lot of English buying property in France do)for not getting his research correct.

A friend of ours who helped us out no end with the purchase of the lake at Brognon recently lost his long running battle (10 years +)with the French legal system and subsequently lost both his home and origonal buisness.The story is to long to tell here but suffice to say despite his fluent French and sharp legal mind he was conned by the vendor.local mayor and bank! into buying a property what wasnt theirs to sell.It actually belonged to the French Millitary! Let me assure you this guy was no fool.As a result of the knowledge he has gained through his own battle he has now set him self up in a very sucsessfull consultancey.Any one who is thinking of buying property in France (especially water) would do a lot worse than to contact him.PM me if you want his contact details.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Sadly the old 'entente cordial' doesnt extend to fair play to foreigners. You think the french play hardball with 'les anglais' They are twice as nasty with 'les boch' A bit of advice which might fall in with Budgies advice is.....never employ a legal advisor from the same local area in which you intend to buy. As has been pointed out, the 'old boy' network is everywhere. You should also start from the premise that they hate your guts. That helps to prevent you being charmed into signing something that makes no sense. Your legal advisor could also make it a condition of sale, that sale documnts are all bi-lingual. Been there,done that.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

A program called trapped in the sun which is on every week has some shocking stories about property purchases abroad.

Apparantly the worst system in Europe is in Italy.

One English couple spent 80000.00 on a property.

Within months it was suffering from subsidence so bad that the house was declared unfit to live in.

The developer had not issued them with a 10 year builders guarantee (he had forgotten to do it!!!!!!!!).

The bank where the morgage and house insurance was held said the insurance was invalid due to this.

The couple walked away and stopped paying the morgage.

The worthless house was repossessed by the bank who could only sell it once another 80000.00 was spent on underpinning, I bet the bank were insured!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!