Lake in france

Probaly a silly question but whats the normal fish stock for france.

All the places I have looked on the net are lakes that have been drained and then filled up with carp and cats

My reason for asking is some of my family is retiring to France near

Bergerac and the property has lakes of 3 and 4 acres :D

Haven't got any info regarding stocks the waters don't look like they have been fished recently. Ive been told a fish has been seen jumping.

Any Ideas what maybe in them ?

Darren

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Thought I bring this thread back from the dead as Ive found out a bit of whats in the lakes.

My uncle has had a bit of a fish and has caught roach, bream, pike and some sort of bass

Whats the best way to target the Bass and Ive never caught one, Im thinking about small spinner or a bit of fluff chucking

cheers

Darren

only 2 weeks to go now

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Bass - think Pike and then downsize your lures some and don't use wire traces.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Carp as a food source in France? Not very commonly, I'd say. I've been there a lot and seen stuff like pike and zander on the restaurants' menus, but never carp. Maybe the peasants eat them?

Must taste better than the tripe sausages I once ordered in Paris, though. Only food I've ever had on a plate that smelt like p@ss.

Fenboy

'carpe de juive' once part of the 'grand cuisine' according to Escoffier (a sort of early french Gordon Ramsey) and as the name suggests a jewish delicacy. Saw it on the menu once or twice, never tried it. Extremely popular in eastern europe, who's refugees probably brought the dish with them.

[ 08. September 2004, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'