your favourite film of all time ?

hembo

davy what was the maggie all about ? i;ve never heard of it !!! just done search and have seen it on channel 4 ages ago about a boat on the clyde ealing did some fantastic films

[ 06. October 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: hembo ]

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

hembo:

davy what was the maggie all about ? i;ve never heard of it !!! just done search and have seen it on channel 4 ages ago about a boat on the clyde ealing did some fantastic films

It was about a Clyde Puffer and the antics of it's crew when they are hired by a wealthy American to move a cargo... it's pure class :D

I think I'll borrow me dads copy of it and watch it again :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

The film that had a startling impact with me was 'Grapes of wrath', 'Captains couragous'was a great film. In 'Blazing saddles' what killed me was when the ****** were asked to sing some ****** songs and they broke out into "I get no kicks from champagne" etc. Then there's "Where de white wimmin at" and the black sheriff with all the Gucci saddlebags, what a scream. They certainly don't make 'em like that anymore, mores the pity. '1941' when General Stillwell played by Robert Stack was crying his eyes out while watching 'Dumbo' while they believed that the west coast of america was being invaded.

Slim Pickens was cast as Hollis Wood and the Japs captured him "so they could bomb John Waynes house" great stuff. Love all the spoof sends ups.

[ 09. October 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Anyone seen Suspiria, supposed to be the best horror of all time. Muggins 'ere lashed out a bought the dvd. What a load of "Cods Wallop" never seen such a pathetic film. Acting was next to useless and as for special effects, well, words fail me.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

The life of Brian,, classic

The quiet man, best fight scene ever, what more could you ask for, Maureen O'Hara,

Zulu,

Anyone know what the nusic score is called on The Third Man. ?????????

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”