2 surprises both not nice

chesters1

did phil whaller print volume 2????????

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

just trying to get a academic to switch off his p.c was a week long negotiation

Chesters, I know just what you mean! My early employment was in industry, where if the boss wanted a report by Friday, you handed it to him on the previous Tuesday at the latest.

When I took up an academic career, I was astonished at how lackadaisical (that's a posh word for bone lazy) many academics were. The hardest work some of them did was producing reasons why something could NOT be done.

The tragedy is, that when the present cost-cutting climate first hit, the more dynamic and able people took their redundancy package and got out, leaving the dross - I'm just thankful I reached retirement age before the political correctness and health-and-safety industries began to destroy our higher education network. Taking students on a field trip (or in my case a sea trip) was on the way to becoming an administrative nightmare.

The irony is, that many of the best academics who once worked full-time are now employed as consultants at double the cost.

Yes, the job description "officer" sounds typical - the other one is "manager". Almost every other jumped-up janitor and telephonist now has the word "manager" in their job title. Most of them couldn't manage a whelk stall.

I do hope you find something soon - all we can do is to try to keep your spirits up.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Chesters,

I hope it all works out mate. We are currently going through the downsizing process although I found out last week that I still have a job. Unfortunately some of my colleagues were not so fortunate - so you can imagine it's not a great place to be at the moment. Anyway I hope you find a new job soon.

ATB,

Rob.