New Years Day - first fish of the year??

Newt

getting out tommorow,cant decide what to fish for pike or chub?

argh!i got a feeling it will be pike,not sure yet,indecisive git i am...no,it will be pike,i need a nice loaf to go chubbing cant rely on boilies!could use fish baits but,the bread gives confidence!

[ 01. January 2005, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint:

p.s Does anyone know how you post a picture on here ?

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ and follow the instructions. Pay special attention to the one that says 'no spaces in the file/picture name'.

Some additional suggestions

anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...ic;f=6;t=009216

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I hope this works ????

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you like these pics from this morning

The grass was nice and wet and spongey so no harm done to the fishy.

Regards Clint

[ 01. January 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Clint ]

originally posted by Clint: The grass was nice and wet and spongey so no hard done to the fishy.

Appreciate that Clint but even so maybe a pair of little goggles to protect the eyes a bit :D that grass can be a bit spiky

:) He might only grow up to half the size he would be only eating half as much :D

A fine fish though well done, for both the fish and the pic, some of the old ones can't get to grips with posting pics yet.

[ 01. January 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Well, I fished on New Year's Day. It occurred to me after I got home that I forgot about catching though and just did the fishing part.

Planning to give it another go tomorrow (today over your way by now). Our weather has turned unseasonably warm for a few days so it's great being out and some fish will be a nice bonus if any get inspired to bite.

Clint - nice looking water and great looking fish.

Nugg - I've heard that bit about grass doing eye damage but can't recall ever seeing any first hand or speaking to anyone who has. More of a theoretical danger than a real one maybe??

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Such eye damage is commonly thought to occure in pike, Newt. It therefore seems reasonable that it could also occure in other fish. I would think that weight of the fish is also a factor. Personally I think the risk is at its greatest in grass that has been mowed.

Anyway, nice fish, nice picture, posh reel!

My New Years day was nothing staggering. Found a large shoal of bream with the fishfinder, swimming at mid water level. I caught a few but considering how many were there that was poor. How do you persuade mid water fish to feed off the bottom, or to feed at all? A bait trotted at their swimming level was totally ignored.

Hi All,

As a new boy I thought I would just add my 2 penny worth.

Went out this afternoon to my pond and had 7 carp and a few roach on the swingtip, first time I have used one for years. I had forgotten how good they were.