New Years Day - first fish of the year??

Newt

I'm planning to start 2005 off properly with a days fishing on January 1. Anybody else up to it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter - has it been cold enough to freeze the rivers where you live?

Jim - I can do days this time of year but I am way too tender to think about nights. I'm impressed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Went out for the last day of the year and had a couple on wobbled deadbait and lures but heart wasnt really in it so came home early.Enjoyed the early morning walk to a distant swim though.Got the timing right and got there just as it was getting light.Dont think I will be out tommorow as its dinner round the girl friends family.Most likely wait till Monday.Good luck to all who do venture out though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi ya gang, well im off to the Itchen in the morning to fish a lovely stretch at Bishopstoke packed with Grayling and chub :)

Hopfully get my first fish on my new pin :)

Good luck to all that are out fishing.

Regards Clint

[ 01. January 2005, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Clint ]

I'll be off out in a minute or two. Went out yesterday for one reasonable pike but it was very, very slow!

Gorgeous light for photographs though, only I forgot my camera, grrrr. Really dark grey clouds in the background, the sun burst through and all the trees went orange & gold in stark silhouette against the dark grey sky. All the reeds went gold as well, all reflected in the river,incredibly beautiful.

Well im back from the Itchen and i had a really enjoyable morning :) The weather held off and the Grayling really did bite.

I managed to get my first fish on my new pin :) and i have returned home and bored the wife to death with tales of my captures lol.

I caught around 25 fish and got banged up a few times!!!! sea trout no doubt.

I thought that id get home earlier than normal so to earn a brownie point or 2 only to be told i could have stayed fishing all day!!!!!

I hope everyone who fished today had as gooda day as i have had.

Regards Clint

p.s Does anyone know how you post a picture on here ?

[ 01. January 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Clint ]