Scripts Running on AN?

Rusty

I get waiting markers, loading markers, done but with errors to page.

It then freezes or load but does not allow me to scroll down the page.

its been a long time since ive used IE or firefox but in IE you used to be able to double click the error thing you see in the status bar to get full details of the error.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't replicate the problem here (everything is loading fine in Firefox), and nobody has identified which script it might be, but I'd hazard a guess that the Facebook 'Like' button may have caused it, as it has done before.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

you can download a firefox dooda thats supposed to get around firefox problems but i think it maybe deeper than that i am getting the same reports and programs freezing offline!

hints its a nvidia problem so i have gone back to an earlier driver to see

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Facebook would explain why I had reports of another site of mine, on a totally different server, having similar issues.

What it doesn't explain, though, is why some people seem to be affected and others not :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Facebook would explain why I had reports of another site of mine, on a totally different server, having similar issues.

What it doesn't explain, though, is why some people seem to be affected and others not :(

internet explorer, firefox and google chrome have different rules and ways of rendering stuff. internet explorer being the most finicky and just spits the dummy right out the pram when it comes across something it cant deal with.

firefox i would guess is a little better at dealing with problems, probably depending on version as some have same problem and some dont when using firefox.

google chrome i have no issue what so ever and probably interprets the facebook plugin the way it was intended to.

pain in the arse for us web developers when you need to code compatibility for several browsers, just wish they would all hurry up and stick to one standard!

ah, facebook like button doesnt use standard html tags. how annoying.

<fb:like></fb:like>

that would explain why internet explorer goes in a huff and possibly newer versions of firefox have updated to to include this non standard html. perhaps somewhere for Si to look in to ?

Edited by Andy_1984

Also on Firefox, also getting the Not responding, and the script running pop up.

If i remember right it mostly refers to Chrome.

This happens every day when i turn on the machine, usualy clears up after about 20 mins, but the

machine is painfully slow. Next time i get one i'll make a note, some times get 4 or five at the same time <_<

1509tarpon_75_.gif