Hospitals and Organ removals

Colin Brett

Who are they 'thieving' from Eddie?

Paul

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea which has been blowing around for some time now, and one I really think SHOULD be implemented. Instead of having to carry donor cards, which a lot of people are to apathetic to do, why not change it around so that you would carry a card if you DON'T want your organs used. If you feel so strongly one against the idea, then you will ENSURE that you have your card.

What does nursejudy think about it?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

!!

[ 27. January 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Colin my heartfelt feelins go out to you and your loved ones. The thought of having to say your goodbyes once is an ordeal in it's self, but twice must be one of the saddest experiences a family can go through.

As far as compensation issues are concerned the world seems to be turning into a sue or be sued culture where money has to be given or taken.

It would also seem that everything in life has had a value placed on it, whether its to do with life itself right down to the sublime and abstract. Nothing in this world could make up for your loss and experience.

I am afraid that many people would see this sort of situation as a chance for money grabbing.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Some-one earlier raised the now (self?) edited point that the hospital staff involved in taking some of these organs were probably acting illegally. This in my view is quite correct. If organs and body parts are taken from any deceased individual without consent, or a legally requirement for a Post Mortem, then the law is being broken.

Why then should anyone be above the law. Break it and you must suffer the consequences. Fining the hospital or health authority a substantial sum is a possible deterrent to prevent further outrages. However this takes money away from the Healthy service and ideally the individual who committed the crimes should be prosecuted.

On a related point, both me and the wife have left our bodies to medical science in our wills, but as I understand it this can be overruled by the next of kin, who I think have sole rights over the fate of the body (except when a PM is legally required).

If that question is for me Judy then sadly I did not not express myself correctly or misread Colins sad tale. Firstly you say goodbye to the infant child. Sometime many years later the family and children had another private and emotional ceremony with their then later born children to say goodbye to what is now a complete younger little soul.

:confused: :confused:

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.