The rain

Andrew

According to the weather men/chic's, we are going to have another months rainfall in three days ?

Flood alert, flood alert. Praise be to God e3687.gif we ( my family ) live on high ground and are in no danger of flooding :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

According to the weather men/chic's, we are going to have another months rainfall in three days ?

Flood alert, flood alert. Praise be to God e3687.gif we ( my family ) live on high ground and are in no danger of flooding :D

Yesterday we had another cloudburst. The road outside my home once again became a river for about an hour.

Since 11pm last night it has not stopped raining and even now the heavy stuff has started to fall again.

I collect rain water for my carnivorous plants and between 8pm last night to 6am this morning the open containers, which I use to collect the water, had almost an inch of water in them.

If you look at the weather charts we have 2 areas of high pressure in the Atlantic which cannot move due to this stalled deep area of low pressure that stubbornly refuses to budge.

The prospects for my children's six week break from school look decidedly bleak in regards to the weather.

Have you noticed how badly the plants are doing this year? Many growths are stunted and yellowing, a sure sign that many plants and trees are not having it easy either.

Farmers in my area, and you can see it yourselves, are becoming increasingly worried. The staple crops we rely on them for are in many cases a month behind in growth or have simply failed. Many, who have sown potatoes, tell me that they could lose the whole lot if things do not improve.

Well at least the reservoirs will be full again.... <_< <_<

And no hosepipe bans, YET, LoL a few weeks without rain and the ban will be in LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Sunny as can be here at the moment, got to get some washing done before the rain rears its ugly head yet again, my missus will be proud of me doing the washing, well putting it in the washer to let that do it, LoL

“Vescere bracis meis”

We're all suffering from a lack of growth & free range slugs destroying crops. My veg garden is way behind & the slugs have eaten my entire tobacco crop.

Local farmers have lost most of their grazing/hay crops as the floods stayed so long it killed all the grass off.

We're all suffering from a lack of growth & free range slugs destroying crops. My veg garden is way behind & the slugs have eaten my entire tobacco crop.

I am fortunate that I have plenty of Hedgehogs and Toads in my vicinity. I raised my back gate slightly to allow them easy access to my garden. I see them at night and watch them gorging on the slugs and snails.

The worst ones are the Orange ones as they come into the house. I now lay salt trails and fill my air bricks with salt to keep them out.

If you want to get rid of slugs bury a pot at ground level and fill 3/4 full with beer; ensure that no rain can get in and voila you will find it full of dead slugs in the morning. It works too.

Didn't know that you could grow your own tobacco in the UK.

I can't think of one country in the world where you can't grow your own tobacco. Anywhere a cabbage will grow, so will a tobacco plant.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am fortunate that I have plenty of Hedgehogs and Toads in my vicinity. I raised my back gate slightly to allow them easy access to my garden. I see them at night and watch them gorging on the slugs and snails.

The worst ones are the Orange ones as they come into the house. I now lay salt trails and fill my air bricks with salt to keep them out.

If you want to get rid of slugs bury a pot at ground level and fill 3/4 full with beer; ensure that no rain can get in and voila you will find it full of dead slugs in the morning. It works too.

Didn't know that you could grow your own tobacco in the UK.

I'll get a can of that Tesco's value beer.

Theres about 4 of us growing it on our gardening forum, the others are doing a lot better than mine & one of them lives in Derbyshire. I just wasn't expecting the slug damage, will be better prepared next time. Too late for this season though.

And the bloody rain never materialised today, warn and sunny all day, up in the high teens, even had my cucumber plants out for a bit of sunbathe.

One good thing though, the laundry is all done,my dear beloved will be happy with that pile of ironing i have just created for her. :D

“Vescere bracis meis”