Stupid, Adrift and Thanking God for a Coleman Cooler

severus

First, both of you used this thread as an unmerited opportunity to promote your own personal belief system/religion. YES, RELIGION. Or shall I say Rubbish?

Second, I think the man deserves a round of applause for coming forward and admitting his mistakes publicly to warn others. I doubt either of you would do that. Why, that might disturb your carefully erected veneer of infallibility. Any why would you want to help anyone else, right? That would betray your bankrupt atheistic principles.

Now I remember why I stopped posting on this site. My time is too valuable an asset to waste bantering with the likes of you.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

First, both of you used this thread as an unmerited opportunity to promote your own personal belief system/religion. YES, RELIGION. Or shall I say Rubbish?

Second, I think the man deserves a round of applause for coming forward and admitting his mistakes publicly to warn others. I doubt either of you would do that. Why, that might disturb your carefully erected veneer of infallibility. Any why would you want to help anyone else, right? That would betray your bankrupt atheistic principles.

Now I remember why I stopped posting on this site. My time is too valuable an asset to waste bantering with the likes of you.

1) Being an atheist is not a religion. I hate the word. We don't have a special word for those who don't believe in fairies so I see no need for one for folks who reject the notion of deities either.

2) There were 3 of us, not two.

3) If it weren't for his very distasteful remarks about there being "no atheists in fox-holes" remark, I would not have said a thing.

4) Your assertation that those who reject the notion of a deity have no morals or principles is equally distasteful.

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. Mark Twain.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

why would you want to help anyone else, right? That would betray your bankrupt atheistic principles.

Until you posted the sentence above, the dumbass comments were restricted to your mate - but that is one of the most stupid statements I've ever read.

Maybe you haven't noticed but getting your morals from scripture doesn't really pan out.

Do the names: Tomás de Torquemada, Paul Jennings Hill or Mohamed el-Amir Awad el-Sayed Atta ring any bells ?

Pious believing men steeped in scripture and murdering ba5tards one and all.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cory's personal attack was uncalled for and inappropriate but so are your slurs against people who don't follow your brand of organised superstition.

BTW: Atheism is a religion like not playing football is a sport.

A late edit:

I think the man deserves a round of applause for coming forward and admitting his mistakes publicly to warn others. I doubt either of you would do that. Why, that might disturb your carefully erected veneer of infallibility.

Absolutely, I never admit to mistakes (Post #18) or accidents.........

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm with you there Ken. Maybe a bit (only a bit) of oversensitivity from you this time Cory but I can't deny your logic. Actually made me chuckle a few times :D

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Could it be that most of us fully realize that we get ourselves into the mess without needing any divine (or any other sort of) help?
Newt, I don't know where you stand on religion, but one thing that really bugs me, and it bugged me when I was a good little Presbyterian boy too was this kind of mentality: Say there is a major aircraft accident. A plane full of people plunges into the earth, killing all on board. The salvage team pulls baby out from the wreckage and the baby is found to have a pulse and is rescued. The next thing you know you have a lot of blithering idiots saying "This is a miracle, God saved the life of this baby. Thank you Jesus" What kind of capricious God do these people believe in? Now I can understand how you could fear a god like that, but I can't for the life of me understand how you could love him/her/it.

I'm with you there Ken. Maybe a bit (only a bit) of oversensitivity from you this time Cory but I can't deny your logic. Actually made me chuckle a few times :D
I'm not really clear on where I went wrong, was it the "Thanks's for getting me out of the doo-doo" post, or the "holding his head under water" post?

I'll easily defend either. I didn't attack anyone personally, just their ideas. Ideas don't have feelings.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm not really clear on where I went wrong, was it the "Thanks's for getting me out of the doo-doo" post, or the "holding his head under water" post?

It was the "holding his head under water" post.

I can be a bit short of good graces, tact and etiquette on occasion but when someone tells you that their friend who you've never met has done something that you don't agree with, it strikes me that it's perfectly OK to point out that their friend's behavior was reprehensible.

It might however be considered just a tiny bit OTT to call their friend a w@nker and suggest that someone would do the world a favour by drowning them.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.