Feeding

Andrew

In you opinion, would frozen groundbait balls work in a swim ? for pre baiting.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

In you opinion, would frozen groundbait balls work in a swim ? for pre baiting.

Ive never tried it, but they might float.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

You shouldn't have told 'im. Would have been feckin hilarious reading the posts after he'd watched them bob downstream. :roll1::camera:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

You shouldn't have told 'im. Would have been feckin hilarious reading the posts after he'd watched them bob downstream. :roll1::camera:

They don't float :) well not on the trent they don't

straight to the bottom

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

straight to the bottom

With no first hand experience of using frozen balls of ground bait thats why i used the word might in my post. :)

I know the frozen boilies i use sink, but some frozen blocks of hemp with its juice i once tried floated like icebergs. So i guess water content will play a big part in if frozen things float or not. A wet goundbait mix might but a dry one not..... Well might be worth checking before you ball them all in anyway. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

straight to the bottom

I have no groundbait left, have to buy some for the next trip :D

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I use frozen groundbait an maize / sweetcorn as I keep baits frozen ready for use and sometimes they haven't thawed out by the time I arrive at the location. Sometimes it helps to keep the loose bait together when it is in a frozen block. Never noticed it sinking, but as has been said, frozen hemp does float, so keep the hemp content to a minimum if you are going on a river.

You haven't said why you are using frozen groundbait. If it is just to keep it solid then try mixing fine clay in with the contents. That makes it sticky until it dissolves in the water, and has a neutral effect on the fish, other than in clear water / sunny days when it sometimes has a positive effect.

Regards, Clive

Corn, micro feeder pellets, sinkers.

“Vescere bracis meis”