"+3.3V - 24A

+5V - 30A

+12V 1 - 32A

+12V 2 - 32A

+12V 3 - 32A

+12V 4 - 32A

-12V 0.5A

+5VSB 3.0A"

i did have a decent psu (aztec or i'l have a look its in the shed still) whoops its an akasa powermax 850 it popped ,i think the cards themselves are fine as one will run fine on a 600 watt but i have to drop the detail down .

the 560 ti is a good idea but like a decent top spec PSU far above my pocket at the moment :(

the psu calculator for my system comes out at 700 watts ,750 if i have all the fans running ,its a GTS 210 not a 250 i was wrong on that to so even less of a demand ,plenty of room in the case ,its proper full tower from the 90's :D

I've seen cheap power supplies touting similar specs and when tested coming out nowhere near the specs quoted.....

Everything in your case is pointing towards power supply mate.

Is there any way you can borrow one to test with? Or maybe explain to a shop the issue and see if they will quickly swap a supply in and test?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i know no-one with anything more than a ordinary desktop,i know the graphics cards are fine as they run individually with my standby 600w psu ,i guess your right everything points to the psu so i will have to start saving for a decent one

the akasa had 3 years warrenty on it or rather i thought it did on contacting akasa when it died 15 months down the line they insisted it was returned with its original packaging ,unfortunately this was in the small print as well (after the ist 12 months!) and pleading didnt work! so readers beware and keep the blooming boxes :angry:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

no i know no-one with anything more than a ordinary desktop,i know the graphics cards are fine as they run individually with my standby 600w psu ,i guess your right everything points to the psu so i will have to start saving for a decent one

the akasa had 3 years warrenty on it or rather i thought it did on contacting akasa when it died 15 months down the line they insisted it was returned with its original packaging ,unfortunately this was in the small print as well (after the ist 12 months!) and pleading didnt work! so readers beware and keep the blooming boxes :angry:

Your 600 should be adequate to power a 560ti....I'd save up a little more for that and just use your other psu!

well this is fun ,reporting in on an ancient dell dimension with huge memory of 512mb of memory and a sick hardrive thats so slow it took 15 mins to get here

pc stopped again last night and now refuses to post! ,both psu's look ok but obviously the mobo is sick ,2 minutes for a beep then nothing ,tried both graphics cards even took them completely out which should have got some attention from the bios but nada ,typical chesters1 luck

hard drive rumbling constantly at this rate i will be switching off before its finished switching on

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

well this is fun ,reporting in on an ancient dell dimension with huge memory of 512mb of memory and a sick hardrive thats so slow it took 15 mins to get here

pc stopped again last night and now refuses to post! ,both psu's look ok but obviously the mobo is sick ,2 minutes for a beep then nothing ,tried both graphics cards even took them completely out which should have got some attention from the bios but nada ,typical chesters1 luck

hard drive rumbling constantly at this rate i will be switching off before its finished switching on

It's possible the blown power supply has damaged your board. Easiest post test is to drop out ram and see if you get post error beeps. So boot with no ram plugged in at all...you should get done kind of beep out of it.

But to be fair faulty psu can cause similar.

that annoyed it beeeep beep beep ,i lost interest with bios beeps after 486's i presume that means wheres me memory :D

hmmm video problem why only when the memory is out?

let me take out the second card thats not powered

the same one long two short beeps

same if card is removed and swopped ,doubtful 2 graphics cards would die at once? fine last night ,i dont think the monitor feeds back its plugged in (which it isnt as its on the dell)

cant put up with this dell for long every post results in a flurry of hard disk activity and a wait :(

memory back in silence

Edited by chesters1

yes its dated but good enough for me ,or should i say was ,the dell though is not

Edited by chesters1

yes its dated but good enough for me ,or should i say was ,the dell though is not

No, memory out will simply tell you if post is working correctly via your motherboard chipset. If you didnt hear post beeps with memory out then it would be buggered motherboard!

so were no further forward ,the memory out shows a video fault on both cards (2 in or either one in) but it could be something else as booting with no cards at all doesn't give any beeps

it could be a faulty psu (two faulty psu's) both with no graphics card power problems .nope tried a cable on the hard drive supply so its not a lack of PCIE power via the 6 pin cable.

it could be two faulty psu's and two faulty graphics cards or their connectors to MOBO problems

do i dare start saving for a new graphics card and try it on the existing maybe faulty mobo or get a new PSU and perhaps bugger it on a faulty MOBO?

or start from scratch

AHA on the PSU tester theres no -5v on the 24pin connector on the new PSU

hmmm and no 3.3v on the SATA connectors although its on the 24 pin

hmmm -5 volt seems to be optional and not even mentioned on here and neither is the 3.3v on the sata there are no orange wires

http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/X...%255Catx2_2.pdf

-5v removed on V2.01

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/insidethepc/...pin-12v-psu.htm

so under no load both PSU's look fine so the problem is elswhere

Edited by chesters1