File storage and sharing

Sportsman

I am looking for a software package that will allow me to upload and store files and also supply a link that we can put onto our website to allow customers to download certain files.

We are currently using a paid version of Mediafire but their account management is very badly disorganised and keps reverting to unpaid and smothering the downloads in adverts.

Any suggestions appreciated as always

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

dropbox ,once youve uploaded the file you send the link to it ,theres a private section and a public one

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

dropbox ,once youve uploaded the file you send the link to it ,theres a private section and a public one

Seconded! Dropbox is superb! I use it all the time, it's very quick and well designed. Pc app is very functional and it's all completely compatible with iOS as well. Public links can be accessed direct from website, app, or PC program and you ave complete control over folders and private and public links.

All in all its pretty bloody brilliant.

If for any reason you don't like it then try microsofts skydrive, which is ok but not a patch on Dropbox

if you have a website then you already have the storage to upload files and provide links on your site for people to download. depends on how much space your hosting has provided but now days even start package type website hosting packages come with more space than you would ever need.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk