River signage

andy_youngs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seemed to be a common denominator running through those signs

The word "Private"

What part of that is difficult to understand?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

There seemed to be a common denominator running through those signs

The word "Private"

What part of that is difficult to understand?

Nothing, other that the word itself is kinda hard to swallow in this context. Thanks to Steve for adding immesurably to my ever growing catalague of photo's of unreasonable over-regulation As a nation, we are grossly over-regulated. If you could just confirm where and when each photo was taken, then I will be happy to include them in my next youtube broadcast.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

The common factor is that they are all signs intended to restrict behaviour which disrupts the activities the owners intend the facility to be used for - they're all things that one is perfectly entitled to go and do elsewhere, just not there.

Andy, forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the gentleman previously barred from this site because of your inflexible stance on river access for canoeists?

If this is so, then perhaps you've not chosen the best way to relaunch your membership. If I'm wrong then you have my apologies.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Andy, forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the gentleman previously barred from this site because of your inflexible stance on river access for canoeists?

If this is so, then perhaps you've not chosen the best way to relaunch your membership. If I'm wrong then you have my apologies.

Don't believe he was ever banned, Andy has obviously got a very strong passion for canoes and the more and more restriction on access. Whats the saying, one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Don't believe he was ever banned, Andy has obviously got a very strong passion for canoes and the more and more restriction on access. Whats the saying, one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. :thumbs:

No Barry; I've read Andy's letters to the Angling Trust (the link's on another thread See post #539 ) where Andy states that he only canoes once a year, but strongly objects to the efforts of angling clubs (who rent those stretches for their members) to prevent canoe access.

Andy has every right to voice those opinions - this is democracy in action - but it was suggested (by the moderator) when his thread on canoe access was closed that an angling forum, run by and for anglers, was perhaps not the best place to continue his crusade, all things considered.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Rob

Don't think Andy was ever banned but he was previously asked whether given his stance, continued membership of this forum was a good idea, strange how a bloke who openly admitted on previous topics that he had'nt canoed on a river for about 5 years would conduct such a hostile and ignorant approach to the issue and to fellow posters

However you are right it is the same fellow

Rob and Barry, thanks for your comments of support. Brian, I've recieved several warnings from the mods to desist with certain threads. But I've never been banned. I'm also not sure whether posting on this forum constitutes membership of a private club. It's an open forum. Sure, I could post my views on canoeing forums, and I do that all the time. But at the end of the day I don't really see any point in pushing my point too hard there, because the people I'm really interested in influencing are anglers, not canoeists. What do you want from a forum : some sort of sanatised reality where everybody agrees with your point of view?

The closest I've come to getting banned, is a warning to argue the issues, rather than getting bogged down in personal acrimony. Which I think is fair enough.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig