River signage

andy_youngs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken Andy, you live inside the area you mention. What happens outside that area, has no bearing on this discussion.

John.

I agree that a terminogical inexactitde might conceivably have contributed to an incorrect misunderstanding. Let us hope that this never happens again.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

terminogical inexactitde might conceivably

terminogical - no listing in the Oxford English Dictionary

inexactitde - no listing in the Oxford English Dictionary

conceivably - an adverb meaning imaginable. Oxford English Dictionary

What the 'ell?? I can see where a misunderstanding "might happen again".

Phone

When you say "members of the public" surely you could narrow it down a bit, Andy. I very much doubt that the vast majority of the public own or use a canoe, or possess the intent to navigate every last trickle of water just to prove a point.

Exactly right, the amount af anglers, millions and the amount of canoeists, few and the rental guys want them banned. Appears to be a bit selfish to me. What about a code of conduct for canoeists then, thats what the likes of the trust would suggest if it appears that anglers where to be banned off a water, for loutish behaviour, litter spreading, disturbing ducks and goosanders with loud shouts, (iv'e got a big 'un). :) Whats good for one lot is good enough for others, surly..........................

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Of course I see your point, Barry; neither side is as clean as a whistle. The problem lies in the vested interests of each party, which lie entirely at odds to one another.

Andy has chosen to air his side of the discussion on a public forum catering to the opposition, as it were, which he is perfectly entitled to do, but ultimately I don't see it playing out any differently from the last time since nothing has changed.

The irresistible force meets the immovable object; both sides bash away at each other until frustration sets in and things begin to get personal, then the mods jump in and close the thread. It was played out as fully as it could have been in the first instance and so there's no new ground to tread, is there?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

rob,

You're right. No new ground. I do agree Andy has a point but rarely can the minority gain ground legally without compromise. His story paints a picture that usage is so restricted it questions the very sale of these devices in the UK.

barry l,

Isn't that the/a "minority"?

Phone

I agree that a terminogical inexactitde might conceivably have contributed to an incorrect misunderstanding. Let us hope that this never happens again.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: classic Andy, just what I've come to expect.

Barry, all those thing you mention have been the cause of anglers being ejected from waters. Many of those waters are now (understandably) in the hands of small limited membership clubs or syndicates. The actions of a few have impacted on the many. From what I've read on various canoeing forums, this wouldn't be acceptable to them.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: classic Andy, just what I've come to expect.

Barry, all those thing you mention have been the cause of anglers being ejected from waters. Many of those waters are now (understandably) in the hands of small limited membership clubs or syndicates. The actions of a few have impacted on the many. From what I've read on various canoeing forums, this wouldn't be acceptable to them.

John.

I guess you could say "There's lies, damned lies and flip floppy unhinged position taking from advocates of unrestricted canoe access

Edited by Brian Carragher

terminogical inexactitde might conceivably

terminogical - no listing in the Oxford English Dictionary

inexactitde - no listing in the Oxford English Dictionary

conceivably - an adverb meaning imaginable. Oxford English Dictionary

What the 'ell?? I can see where a misunderstanding "might happen again".

Phone

It's taken from a Churchill quote about the Chinese Govt. Bloody Yanks, never could see where the next misunderstanding 'might happen again'.

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig