Prank call to Duchess of Cambridge's hospital

corydoras

The hospital has said that the nurse had not been reprimanded and that no disciplinary action was to be taken against her.

The Royals had not made any form of complaint

Agree 100% with the captain, there is no way that the two DJs are guilty of anything but stupidity and selfishness. There is no possible way that they could have foreseen the outcome.

There have been many many cases of "pranks" much worse than this one being played on innocent members of the public. Some have been copied on this and other forums to the great enjoyment of all. Let's face it, lots of us thought that it was hilarious before this happened.

A very good friend had his life destroyed (lost his house, job, wife) due to a sting operation by the UK gutter press. He was set up by a woman with a grievance. His only sin was that he worked for an important person. The press couldn't care less what effect it had on him or his family. He could easily have ended his own life as a result. Do you think that the press would stop publishing such garbage as a result or that the great British public would stop buying it.

All that is required that one good man should do is nothing........

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hospital has said that the nurse had not been reprimanded and that no disciplinary action was to be taken against her.

The Royals had not made any form of complaint

Agree 100% with the captain, there is no way that the two DJs are guilty of anything but stupidity and selfishness. There is no possible way that they could have foreseen the outcome.

There have been many many cases of "pranks" much worse than this one being played on innocent members of the public. Some have been copied on this and other forums to the great enjoyment of all. Let's face it, lots of us thought that it was hilarious before this happened.

A very good friend had his life destroyed (lost his house, job, wife) due to a sting operation by the UK gutter press. He was set up by a woman with a grievance. His only sin was that he worked for an important person. The press couldn't care less what effect it had on him or his family. He could easily have ended his own life as a result. Do you think that the press would stop publishing such garbage as a result or that the great British public would stop buying it.

I saw a news item last night and someone asked Charles a question and he joked " How do you know i'm not a radio station ".

In todays paper another couple of radio people have claimed responsibility for the prank call.

Mel Greig and Michael Christian, i've never heard of them and they say it was a "career highlight"

so Kyles off the hook for now.LOL

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Nothing nice. But then "we" are happy to buy papers that have morals in the gutter, which as the captain says, will be rolling around in this tomorrow.

And they are rolling around in their self made gutters... their predictability would be funny if he situation was not so sad.

It appears she wasn't even the lady that talked about K. Middleton, she was the first lady that took the call and transferred it.

Even more weight to my thought that there must have been pre existing factors.

Pinched this off another site.

Reporting suicide: tips for journalists

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Just watched an interview with the offending DJs on Sky news, i have no sympathy for them at all.

They will have to live with their actions, just like everyone else.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Looks like everyone was wrong, no disciplinary, no emotional problems, and all other unfounded comments about her private and working life.

Just an hard working honest nurse who unfortunately had the displeasure of answering the phone to two idiots.

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”