Prank call to Duchess of Cambridge's hospital

corydoras

Had they thought about it, they must surely have known that tricking a nurse into breaching patient confidentiality would be likely to get her into a lot of trouble? I just don't think they're the kind of people who would care enough about what happens to someone to think about it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had they thought about it, they must surely have known that tricking a nurse into breaching patient confidentiality would be likely to get her into a lot of trouble? I just don't think they're the kind of people who would care enough about what happens to someone to think about it.

But I don't think the prank was the cause of her death, our reaction to her response was.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nothing nice. But then "we" are happy to buy papers that have morals in the gutter.

Thats just why i never buy them. Just like MPs, full of **** and lies. I would like to meet an honest pressman, just like an honest MP, the buggers cannot lie straight in bed.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Rusty,

At least we are in agreement on one thing you say. "The pranksters aren't responsible". You're 100% right, they were totally irresponsible. They knew or should have know "chit runs down hill". We are all responsible for our own acts and actions. They made a really bad judgement that ended even worse. It did achieve the intended goal of getting massive amounts of public exposure. Hope they're happy.

Capt.,

Yes, she no doubt had "other" problems. So What? The fact remains she killed herself "at that moment" and because of the prank. They killed her plain and simple. Maybe without the push over the edge she would have acted next week or maybe she would have gotten better - we only know she acted now - she is dead AT LEAST IN PART because of the prank and for whatever other reasons you wish to muddle in. How about "job stress", that's politically popular right now.

Is "that someone" going to be guilty of murder when they kill the jackasses that killed their mama? We cannot allow either party to go unjudged.

Phone

C'mon guys he's not responsible. as someone said earlier it was probably the final straw. Having said that

this guy is a complete and utter ar& hole, he always has been and always will be.

You could augue that the station is to blame, if they had sacked him after this little episode then it wouldn't have happened.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/kyle-s...as-sacked/desc/

he's what i would call a shock jock.

He's upset more people publicly than you can shake a stick at, thats how he makes his money.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

The hospital has said that the nurse had not been reprimanded and that no disciplinary action was to be taken against her.

The Royals had not made any form of complaint

Agree 100% with the captain, there is no way that the two DJs are guilty of anything but stupidity and selfishness. There is no possible way that they could have foreseen the outcome.

There have been many many cases of "pranks" much worse than this one being played on innocent members of the public. Some have been copied on this and other forums to the great enjoyment of all. Let's face it, lots of us thought that it was hilarious before this happened.

A very good friend had his life destroyed (lost his house, job, wife) due to a sting operation by the UK gutter press. He was set up by a woman with a grievance. His only sin was that he worked for an important person. The press couldn't care less what effect it had on him or his family. He could easily have ended his own life as a result. Do you think that the press would stop publishing such garbage as a result or that the great British public would stop buying it.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/