what is wrong with this government?

chesters1

chesters1:

,imagine the influx of 21,000 for 3 days ,luckily were now a bit further away (we used to be in the same less than 6ft road) so its grit your teeth time again and stay indoors ,   :D

Pity the poor sods in Pilton then when me and 99,999 other degenerates went to Glastonbury for 3 days!

Cant you take advantage and sell Halal/veggie/falafel etc burgers to make a few quid to fund the next fishing trip?!!

Dan :D

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what's wrong with your government. Maybe the same as mine? Political parties greedy for power that fear loosing that tawdry power? Ignore 'em like I do. Serves them right.

Now for the real question: How do I brew a great cup of tea? :) My morning is reserved for truly wonderful coffee. I'm thinking more in terms of afternoon/evening. Color or time? I brew Canadian-style (in the drip coffee pot of course), and really like loose tea like Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong and Assam, not to mention tea bag stuff like Lipton's, Red Rose and Tetley's.

Any hints as to brewing a great pot of tea? I have good well water too.

Thanks!

DaveK

There's nothing wrong with the present UK government - give them a break, they're doing their best. But who would be an alternative Govt? The TORIES! :D:rolleyes::D Don't make me laugh. The LibDems? Mmmmmmm, maybe. Labour are the ones you're stuck with I'm afraid. And I don't see Labour being toppled from power for a long time - 10 years at least.

And what makes a good cup of tea? Loose Tea is best, make sure it's of good quality. Scald the tea pot, make sure that it's a real tea pot. If it's a 2 litre tea pot put in three spoons of the loose tea with a pinch of Earl Gray loose tea. Then wait a couple of minutes to let every thing 'cook', then pour yourself a nice cup of tea.

Also, have look at the following link for more info. http://hjem.get2net.dk/bnielsen/teaorwell.html

Thanks for the Orwellian tea advice! :)

Guess I'll haul out my tea pot and give it a go. Might be a tad on the strong side though, especially if I leave out the sugar!

We'll all survive our governments, but I'm not sure about me surviving the tea!

DaveK

if it isnt yorkshire tea it aint tea ,forget those silly liptons tab tea bags and send for yorkshire tea ,makes coffee taste like err coffee :o tea the drink of a man

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dave, just make sure you put boiling water on the tea leaves and then you'll get a good brew. The problem I've found in America is that most eateries do not have any facility for boiling water because they never need it above coffee temperature and so you get a pot of coffee temperature water and a tea bag (and lemon & honey if you don't tell them to do it properly and bring milk). The tea itself is normally ok if you can find the black tea amongst the fuit nonsense, but it's the temperature of the water that spoils it.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Found myself out of Assam, so went to the 'ville for some tea sampling at the local coffee HOUSES today. Whoo eeee babe! Those folks play hard ball with tea as well as coffee!

Since it's 90 or 95 degrees today, I'm still trying to sort out all those additional colors I'm seeing, a wild desire for hustings, and why I keep walking into telephone poles!

Yorkshire tea is available locally, but I don't really want to sell my Chevy van just to buy a box that's been sitting in the window for some time.

I think I figured out why some of our tea comes in little bags: Recreates the Boston Tea Party! Next time I use a tea bag, I'll dress up like an Indian. Anyone know where I can get a turbin? :D

Thanks all for your tea help!

DaveK

OD old boy, the only real way to make tea is to stew it for about 2 hours, this is the only way to get the FULL flavor.

You need an aluminium pot, fill it with water and several spoons of tea, place on a hot stove and let it gently simmer, drink with "longlife" milk, it has a flavor all of it's own.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic