Double Hook Corn and Maggot Rig

Anglers' Net

All,

Nice article Julian.

Don't see much discussion on double hooks here on AN.

Phone

you could have the same effect by hair rigging corn and using a loaded maggot clip as the stopper. Not all fisheries allow maggot clips though,not sure if some fisheries would allow the double hook version. Even though the point of the smaller barbless hook is buried in the

corn

Klaus

Klaus,

Yes, I agree with your assessment. Over here we don't have a "national set of fishing laws". Many states (well some states) don't allow a bare hook and a baited hook on the same rig. In fact, most state fishing regulations aren't real clear on using a "bare" hook at all (i.e. hair rig). In one part they will talk about "snagging hooks" without mention of lure fishing(?). A lot is assumed based on common practice and culture.

And, a "double hook" is defined as 2/3rds of a treble.

Phone

It's one that divides opinion over here. Trout fishermen use multiple hooking rigs, as do pike fishermen. This rig uses the smaller hook purely for bait retention, yet is the one that cops flack from some quarters in the UK. Go figure :)

The only reference I could find to the 'illegal' use of multi-hook rigs was, I believe, for the Thames region, where three were permitted.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE