KITKATS

Tyke

Newt:

Guys - I have some very sad news for you (and for all those who are thinking the same thoughts).

When you look back and say, "Boy, things were surely better in the old days" it's a sure sign you are getting some serious age on you.  No matter what the calendar says (your chrono age), you are getting up there.

But on the bright side, you aren't old until you look back, remember things that were better, and are not the least bit surprised or upset.

:D     :D     :D  

Yes but at the end of the day Kit Kats are smaller

and not worth buying anymore.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our company supplies computer systems to factories, particularly food processors. Recently I had to visit a company that made trial batches of confectionary for the big boys, and when I say trial, I'm not talking a few, I'm talking enough to keep a county going for a few months which is several hundreds of thousands. If they take off, the big boys build a factory to just to make one type of choc or cereal bar. What I discovered was that they DELIBERATELY plan to down-grade the product over its life, thats how they make a profit. A bar with a high street price of 30p may have a factory cost target of 10p, but the launch bars will be packed with goodies, thick chocolate and the rest, and may actually cost 15p to make. After Joe Public gets to like them, they start to reduce the content to bring the price down, and it might go as low as 6p or 7p over a few years, then guess what, time for a re-launch, new branding, advertising, promotion, back to the thicker choc and higher factory cost - and on goes the cycle of confectionary profits. Our old Black Jacks, Spangles and prawn-type sweets were made by smaller companies and don't have the flexibility for changing the product, which is why they are fading or have faded away.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

im not going to mention jammie dodgers. digestive biscuits a few years ago i couldnt put a whole one in my mouth ; now no problem .and im certain that you get less in a tin of baked beans . the only person impressed with this subject will be my dentist

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Look on the bright side 2.

Crude oil is supposed to be the same price per barrel now as it was in the early 1970s.

This is why we are now enjoying such cheap petrol prices.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

At the time of the Suez crisis, petrol went up to 5/- (25p) a gallon. About the same price as a dozen eggs.

In 1965 a gallon of petrol was 6/10d. about the same as an employed bricklayer earned per hour.

How much does a brickie earn today?

How much is a dozen eggs today?

How many pints of beer could you buy for the same price as a gallon of petrol in 1965? 4?

How many pints of beer can you buy for the price of a gallon of petrol today? 2?

People don't seem to moan about the price of beer!! They keep buying it anyway.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net