I May Actually Go Fishing This Year!

Elton

Last year was dismal for me. I won't bore you with details, but fishing was virtually non-existent and any chance I had to wet a line vanished when the gearbox in my old Landy decided to give up the ghost. As the engine was old, underpowered and tired, I decided to wait and do a whole conversion, rather than patch the gearbox up. I only got it done and picked her up again on Christmas Eve.

Over the next few weeks, I need to get organised and do some bloody fishing!

As I want to really enjoy my Land Rover this year, I started a little blog about it. If anyone's interested, I'll try to update it occasionally here - http://murpha.co.uk/

The conversion hasn't been discussed on there yet. I'm covering past and present observations, as well as getting to grips with the software for the site, as I haven't used that package before. For any Landy fans out there, the old NA diesel lump has been replaced with a 200tdi from a Discovery, along with the gearbox. It is so much better now, it's unbelievable!

So, 2013....the year of the fish? We'll see :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

LOL The fish-in at Wingham and some boat fishing in Wales was about all I did last year. Year before, mainly beach fishing :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

You need to get in some fishing time me lad. Otherwise, you get stale and not much good to self or family.

Bobbi & I are planning a couple of weeks in Florida in late February, Well go down to the Keys for at least a day's offshore fishing (Bobbi loves to hook the bigguns in open water) and a couple of days in the flats & mangrove islands in the Everglades (new & fun for both of us). Just making the plans makes me feel younger. :fishing1:

Speaking of which, if you would like to drop in on me & Mrs. Newt, we can offer you some different fishing and plenty for Mrs. Elton to enjoy.

keys.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Elton, don't forget the open invitation to fish for the big chub here...if the rivers ever get back in their banks anyway :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have sent you my new number - give me a bell if you fancy a dangle.

Ladywood is 9.9 miles from your village and still only 65.00 a year 365 days, nights included with three pools to fish, 44 fixed platform swims and loads of different species, on a private estate (no public access means hassle free angling) and has its own car parks and toilet (just in case).

You wont get a nicer venue anywhere else in our neck of the woods - I have visited most.

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Elton, don't forget the open invitation to fish for the big chub here...if the rivers ever get back in their banks anyway :rolleyes:

I have sent you my new number - give me a bell if you fancy a dangle.

Ladywood is 9.9 miles from your village and still only 65.00 a year 365 days, nights included with three pools to fish, 44 fixed platform swims and loads of different species, on a private estate (no public access means hassle free angling) and has its own car parks and toilet (just in case).

You wont get a nicer venue anywhere else in our neck of the woods - I have visited most.

Cheers, guys :)

If you're really unlucky Elton I may get the job I have applied for and drag you out fishing somewhere too!

• Like 1

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• 3 weeks later...

LOL The fish-in at Wingham and some boat fishing in Wales was about all I did last year. Year before, mainly beach fishing :)

About the same as me minus the boat fishing :( Moved up north and all tackle is in my mums garage down south no room here for all my toys at the moment

Due to start looking for a house with a proper sized toy box now I know things aren't that grim up north (far from grim infact) :)

• Like 1

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?