jobs for the bouys

chesters1

my point was why bother to get an education if all you end up is a menial job ,degrees are not what they used to be which was a passport into a good job ,the more that carry on in full time education the less the degree is worth (if 100% of people went to uni and got an A then there is no advantage :) we know in real life this doesnt happen) big companies dont really like graduates ,if they grab a teenager straight from school they can train them (or indoctrinate) to exactly what they need and ofcourse cheaper and the employee hasnt then the qualifications to leave :(

as for getting a uni education myself ,if it was just me then i might but having a wife to look after theres no hope ,strangly having worked in a uni as a tech (worthless title) the bog cleaning job pays more ,so get your education but be nice to your techs they need some help :D

and as for setting yourself up as a company be wary

my brother inlaw is the boss (and worker) of his own co ,if the work dries up theres no mooler AND no dole money (as he is still the boss of a company) and he`s dreading the tax man

AND why has my last post gone purple :confused: and now back to black :confused: :confused: :D

[ 27 July 2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester thanks for the warning on Ltd Co's & self employment. I'm doing the ground work atm to see if having one is more hassle than its worth.

Also I'm checking if targeting the vol. sector is a good idea coz they usually want everything for nothing, even though the funding is readily available.

However on the plus side:

- A Ltd Co costs a few hundred pounds and is easily closed (been there done that).

- Targetting the vol sector gives flexibility on working hours and location.

Some part of Wales (as well as all of Cornwall) have Objective 1 funding. A few months ago a program on TV showed that these areas were not spending enough EU funding. They may have their funding stopped if local Orgs don't make use of it (meaning there's millions of dosh just waiting to be tapped into)

.....Apparently the only people making a killing are the Uni's/colleges.

Re the degree, why not just lie?

My mate has never been asked for confirmation or proof in his 20 odd years in the industry. I agree that degrees (and in my opinion PhDs) are relatively useless, proving only that people have time-management skills or like studying.

Liam

chesters1:

i think mr roper should get a pay rise for the longest link :D

You mean to more than £4.32 an hour??

Jim Roper

http://www.thisisdorset.net

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

i hate the wages bit "neg" this means that theyl find a reason to pay the min rate possible and say £12 - £14 k i wonder how many get in at the top rate :(

when i got the job at the uni (i had already been doing the job for 3 months whilst the chap was in hospital) he never came back to work so they advertised for a tech grade C (the ex employee was tech grade E )i went through the interveiw process with all the rest ,a phone call came offering me the job BUT due to lack of qualifications they offered me the job at grade A :mad: (remember i had been doing this job for 3 months anyway) i had to except £2,000 pa less than i was getting at a casual rate :mad: :mad: bloody education system even when i left after nearly 6 years i was still only mid grade C :mad: look after the teachers but forget the support staff

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i wonder how long the site will last :( this country is getting a lot of new police powers under the name of anti terrorist laws ,is this web terrorism against the police whats the bet this chaps phone and e`mails are well flagged on the state databank :D

loonyl:

Jim,

The councils are a good place to check out jobs

coz even though they don't pay well, working at them is usually a doss!

and they want to keep it all to their kind. Once they find out that you are actually used to producing something tangible, that is the finish of it. The next is a letter with "I am sorry but on this occasion" somewhere in it.

Anybody who has any knowledge of productive work must stay out there doing it. We can't have those sort of people dossing about in council offices telling Joe Public how to run his life, can we? They should be out there keeping us fed, clothed and housed, and above all, paying their community charge!!

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org

http://www.thisisdorset.net

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

and they want to keep it all to their kind. Once they find out that you are actually used to producing something tangible, that is the finish of it. The next is a letter with "I am sorry but on this occasion" somewhere in it.

Anybody who has any knowledge of productive work must stay out there doing it. We can't have those sort of people dossing about in council offices telling Joe Public how to run his life, can we? They should be out there keeping us fed, clothed and housed, and above all, paying their community charge!!

Jim Roper

[/QB]

Fair point. I have never (yet) worked at a Council but a mate used to (in programming). He said it was too good to be true!

If you stay in "jobsworth" mode,

join the "union" and keep busy doing nothing,

(well maybe putting some extra effort into messing a few things up)

....Job for life :)

I targetted the Council coz they have a "Positive about Disability" logo on their letter-heads which means you are guaranteed an interview at least, though I hope it's not only a PR thing. Suppose even if it is they have to get some token loonies in to make up the stats? :D

Liam

"Suppose even if it is they have to get some token loonies in to make up the stats? [[big Grin]]"

how about positive descrimination ,i think its 99% loonie