Waterproof but breathable trousers

BazTodd

Hi,

New member here. Been reading the forum for a long time and decided to sign up as I have a question. I am looking for some good waterproof but breathable trousers that will not break the bank too much. I am having a hard time deciding what to go for so was hoping someone could make a suggestion based on experience of a product.

Thanks

Baz

Have a look in TK Max if you have one nearby. They have a whole range of outdoors clothing and were banging out Craghoppers trousers for £20 a pop. Bought some of the Kiwi winter lined trousers and am very impressed. Although these are water resistant not water proof.

They also had salopettes and coats from various brands. Worth a look before you shell out X amount on a potentially inferior "fishing" label.

HTH

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Phil Adams" data-cid="5446776" data-time="1358076380"><p>
Have a look in TK Max if you have one nearby. They have a whole range of outdoors clothing and were banging out Craghoppers trousers for £20 a pop. Bought some of the Kiwi winter lined trousers and am very impressed. Although these are water resistant not water proof.<br />
<br />
They also had salopettes and coats from various brands. Worth a look before you shell out X amount on a potentially inferior "fishing" label.<br />
<br />
HTH</p></blockquote>

Kiwi winter lined are awsome trousers. They do a fully waterproof, breathable and lined pair bur i cant remember the name - steel or stelth?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Not often cheap, but I have found that the clothing aimed at game anglers tends to be better quality than that aimed at coarse anglers. Worth looking for stuff on offer from John Norris or Glasgow Angling Centre.

Eg:

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/trousers-bibs--overtrousers_849.html?&clearance=1

I bought a pair of army surplus trousers many years ago and they're still waterproof and breathable. They're as tough as old boots surviving loads of barbed wire fence crossings, all my bad weather motorcycling trips and a few visits to the washing machine.

Something like this but if you've got a military surplus shop near you best to go and have a look. Pick up a couple of grenades while you’re there for those dificult fishing trips.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing/brand-new-genuine-military-issue-1025279.html

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I used this seller for a few things.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/trousers-shorts.html

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing.html

Also keep your eye open if you have a GO outdoors near you.

Edited by tinca steve

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.
IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WHEN IT IS OPEN.

I bought a pair of army surplus trousers many years ago and they're still waterproof and breathable. They're as tough as old boots surviving loads of barbed wire fence crossings, all my bad weather motorcycling trips and a few visits to the washing machine.

Something like this but if you've got a military surplus shop near you best to go and have a look. Pick up a couple of grenades while you’re there for those dificult fishing trips.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing/brand-new-genuine-military-issue-1025279.html

I'll second that; mine are DPM gore-tex rip-stop overtrousers and easily pack away (assuming there's a pair of regular trousers beneath) if the weather improves. Brilliant for those walks through dew-laden grass of a morning and evening. Like me, you might get some for next to nowt at a boot sale - mine were three quid and have lasted for years.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Many thanks for all the replies. I have plenty to look at there. I think I will certainly go with goretex. Was a bit hesitant to go for an over trouser but it is a very good point about being able to take them off if the weather gets better. Cheers fellas

Guest 1lastcast

Recently bought a pair of walking padded winter trousers from Aldi, and they are indeed warm and water proof, but are caked in Severn mud at the minute, all for a tenner the mud not included.

While were at it check out their baseball cap with led's, the rest of the fishing gear is buyer beware!!!