Apology

Jeff S

Don't worry it Jeff........it takes a big man to admit and apologise for what might not have been the best thing to do.

As for the news I would sooner have it warts and all then I can make up my own mind as to how I feel and interpret it.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Just curious but why do you suppose American news channels edit their material so much more than BBC?

surely not in the "land of the free"

is it "edit" or big brother changing history :)

i bet the shredders are red hot ,the government "I.T." chaps fearfull of their jobs are deleting everything and the whips are out in force twisting arms for all their worth to make sure that both Bush and Blair come up smelling of roses ,i suspect "others" will take the blame and go red faced with a good "golden handshake"

seems strange though, to joe public the law "ignorence is no excuse" would ensure a procecusion in any case in law, in the case of parliament it just another get out phrase :confused: :mad:

another thought any excuses the governments use in relation to "evidence" and information ,then unless Blair or Bush talked DIRECTLY with the informants or spies then its "hear say" and not a word can be used in their defence :mad: public hanging please :)

[ 03. February 2004, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I still don't know why it was deleted to be honest, am I missing something in my naive little world? :confused: Possibly you might not be able to answer that on here now?

Paul

Paul the only thing I can say that is remotely equivalent to what was posted is to watch Bug Attack on Sky the next time it's on. Particularly the part about human parasites.

Chesters do you trust anyone?? :D

With the information what was presented via the news and regardless of whether anyone believed it was right or wrong (in reference to the threads during the war) someone has to take the blame. With these inquiries coming up who knows what will happen?

If you can't believe everything you hear, read, and watch maybe L. Tinca is right. Show it all and decide for yourself. It just might not be appropriate for AN though.... :D:D

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Hi all

jeffs im not botherd at all by the (not for the faint piccy). :)

i checked out the gallery some were pretty good

like the tiger woods girlfriend(saw it and thought)yeah right my a##. :D

used some to gross my misses out which was fun :D:D :cool:

i wonder what my cat would make of the giant bear((=====zoom :D

billy

[ 03. February 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

chesters1, having filmed in several war zones, beleive me, most of it isnt fit for broadcast. news is about informing people, not shocking them. its better to show shots which alude to the carnage and have a well written script than just show shots of headless corpses and dead babies

quote:

its better to show shots which alude to the carnage and have a well written script than just show shots of headless corpses and dead babies

sorry i dont agree ,cleansing the news isnt showing real life ,if people SAW what was going on then maybe war wouldnt be so easily agreed to :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

,if people SAW what was going on then maybe war wouldnt be so easily agreed to :)
Who agreed on it :confused:

JeffS, don't be so bloody daft, why apologise, as has been pointed out we have seen and read a lot worse, cue Yoxer :D Nah did'nt mean the bit about Yoxer

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Guest sslatter
chesters1:

..in the first war we had a steerable dish so could pick up all the feeds..

Blimey! I never realised you were that old! So..do you remember the relief of Mafeking?

[ 05. February 2004, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]