The Dunbar Martyrs

The Roundheads would certainly have much to answer for if they were still aroung.

However, given their general attitude, getting them to admit they were not perfectly in the right would be nigh impossible.

Just a silly bit of trivia for peterpikefisher, if you would like to dance on Cromwells' head? :blink: It's buried in the grounds of Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge. It seems only the Master of the College knows where and the exact spot is passed on from Old Master to New Master. So there are a few previous Masters still alive who know the whereabouts,

Colin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where would we be without history

lost in time and space or something like it

btw chesters 1 i was born in redhill surrey England-shire ,

my old man moved back up to Scotland when i was 2 weeks old :lol:

that's where i get my Scottish heritage from

thank god i ain't french

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Why did it take 8 days to march them a piddling 118 Miles? I bet they insisted on an Irn' Bru break every hour............. ;)

Paul

QUOTE (DavyR @ Jul 21 2008, 04:33 PM)

Once you start apologising for events in the distant past, where do you stop?

Sadly it seems that the irony in my previous note was missed. The fact that Brown is a Scot was foremost in my mind when I suggested that the Prime Minister of England should apologise.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "apologising", since I was responding to the original post and not yours. :rolleyes:

Its well known that the Scots have benefited enormously from english taxpayers over the years, so they have had their "reparation"...with interest.

PLUS, they gave is THE KRANKIES. :angry:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Its well known that the Scots have benefited enormously from english taxpayers over the years, so they have had their "reparation"...with interest.

PLUS, they gave is THE KRANKIES. :angry:

Good greif Id forgoton about them :o

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!