bass fishing in the uk

craig mason

I'd heard that they had been stocked in a few places but I doubt they would do well. Too cool for them. They really need warm weather and water at least during Spring/Summer to do well.

Smallmouth bass (and I've never heard any were stocked) would be much more suited to the UK climate.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Craig,

I am glad to see someone on this board that shares my interest in Bass Fishing.

I can't wait for spring and the tournament season to begin.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

Craig, try London, lots of Large Mouths down there :D:D

But back to bass. I believe there have been unsuccessful introductions in the UK. I understand there are some large mouth bass in mainland southern Europe but I don't know where exactly. However Black Bass are abundant in parts of France.

There is a book called 'Freshwater Fishing' which is edited by the UK's Barrie Rickards and published by 'Transedition'. Your local library might just have it. I got mine from a 'remainders' shop. There's stacks and stacks of info on lure fishing in it, especially US style. It goes into some depth re the various bass varieties, and the photography is nothing short of inspirational! A gem of a book. Bass are a fascinating species although the only ones that I have had have been salt water ones.

Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

Craig,

Sorry I have no idea where there are bass in the UK.

I am a million miles away in

Rock Island, Illinois. U.S.

JT Bagwell

That must be the US of Mars then JT ;-D

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!