slightly different hemp preparation

Jon Hedges

Is there any benefit in soaking hemp in water/molasses - will the taste be absorbed (and therby 'improve'the performance of the hemp - or at least make it slightly different ?

And when I come to boil the hemp, should I simply add more water and boil in the water / molasses mix ?

cheers !

I add cane molassess sugar and a little salt to the soaking water. Sometimes I add other things like spices etc.

DO NOT try to cook in the same water.

Poar the water away, rinse the hemp and cook in fresh water with some sodium bicarbonate added.

Do to the salt and added sugar the soaking water does not boil the same as normal water.

And when it boils over (and it happends very fast) it makes one hell of a mess!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Think you definitely should try it and let us know :D

I wonder if there's much about a hemp seed to absorb the flavour though?

Hi i put mine in boiling water in a flask over night works a treat. You can leave it longer if you want to soak up flavours. Do not fill the flask to the top though. I hope this helps.

I like the flask method.

I also add flavours to the brew, usually scopex (belt and braces job!)

Likewise I never tip the water away. Just add to groundbait.

"Muddlin' along"