River pictures

davedave

Not much to add to kappa's post really Dave. Feeding maggots and chopped worm, with prawns or fresh deads on the hook. There are definite hotspots that keep producing, as rich says these are often slightly deeper water near to structure. Baits fished nearby can be ignored, but just a few feet away you get bites - i'm actually quite surprised at how important exact location is on these little pools. If it's not too busy moving swims can help too, on thurs I fished 2 swims and yesterday 3 - in the first I didn't get a bite (despite it being probably the best swim so far), in the second I got 1 quickly then no more signs of life, and in the third I ended up with a few.

Dusk is not an especially good time for the bigger perch on this water, they turn up at pretty much any point in the day, so if nothing's happening it can pay to move and try somewhere else.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Unless for some reason you're determined to catch on prawns - at this time of year I look no further than bread and cheesepaste.

If I want to stay put and build a swim I'll use a cage feeder filled with liquidised bread with breadflake on the hook or for wandering a bucket of mash (prebait half a dozen spots) and crust on the hook.

Thanks guys. Good read rusty cheers :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Anderoo if you have a spare quarter of an hour I watched this last night

I really enjoyed it, it was simplistic fishing and I liked the bloke, he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about his fishing. Gave me an incling to try this type of thing on the river on the other side of the close season.

Dave

Edited by davedave

Blog up

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/blog/137/entry-1006-got-there-in-the-end/

Quite a different looking river to the Isle

Snap! (Bin waiting for Paul to send me his pics through...)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Got the day off tomorrow. They give 9 degrees and sunny/cloudy tomorrow so i'm looking forward to it, also looking forward to trying out my new gf alarm and homemade bobbins. I've just taken a couple of prawns out the freezer for tomorrow, I was wondering if it was worth marinading them in a bit of predator plus? This is mainly aimed at you anderoo, didn't know if you have had any luck with flavouring?

Thanks

I've only just seen this, sorry - but no, I've never tried flavouring them. Might be worth fishing a flavoured one against an unflavoured one, just to see if it makes any difference?

Funnily enough I had the same idea as you today, I'm having sone coffee and waiting for the morning rush to die down, then I'll also be out after the perch. Good luck!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music