Two Bailiffs Assaulted

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy on the alcoholics there Andy - I don't go beating up bailiffs

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

awaaar:

easy on the alcoholics there Andy - I don't go beating up bailiffs      

hehehe but you know the kinda people i mean though, they goto the fishing shop buy a rod reel combo for a tenner and think they own the place

[ 18. August 2005, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Andy_1984 ]

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

"hehehe but you know the kinda people i mean though, they goto the fishing shop buy a rod reel combo for a tenner and think they own the place"

thats me - I got a reet swagger on in wooly's when I bought my combo kit - hic!

:D

I dunno - us alkies get blamed for everythin' :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Once again, why sell an angler a day ticket on a water if they don't show you a rod licence?

(assuming they had paid and we'rnt poachers?)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I was attacked whilst carrying out club bailiffing.(10th April)

I asked the guy to leave the water as he was not a member but he refused. I also asked the guy who he was with (who is a member) to ask him to leave, he said he would not.

Things got a bit heated, the guy then flew at me, knocked me over and started to knock 7 bells out of my head, kneck and arms with a wooden post, he then put his boot into my kidney whilst I was still on the groud. Just for good measure he then threw my walking stick into the bushes calling me a 'f'ing cripple.

The member who was there said he did not see the attack, but heard it. He stood facing away??

The police keep bailing the attacker but until the 'mermber' can remember what happened the CPS are not willing to take any action.

Trouble is as a club we can't even take any action against the non cooperative member as it could be seen as intimidation.

Chances are he will get away with it.

Good old British Justice.

[ 18. August 2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Weary-one ]

Tight lines

John M

I presume they will do once the legal procedings are complete? Most clubs have a catch-all "disrepute" clause for situations like this.

I think I'd like to see a prominent warning of a life ban for assaulting a bailiff (or being party to it). I'd also like to see the sort of banned-from-everywhere scheme the local pubs use. It just isn't acceptable.

[ 18. August 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Steve Walker ]