nanofil spool filling help ...

Adam247

hi guys and girls , been a while since I needed help so I thought I would ask.

I have just invested in the .20mm nanofil for one of my spinning rods (12.649KG/27.886LB TEST) but the reel i plan on filling with it only states .25mm/265 m .30/185mm .35/135mm and only get 270 m of the nanofil.. how much backing would you recomend to use or should i just attach it straight to the spool ad have no backing ? advice would be great guys n galls

the reel I intend to use is the Abu Garcia Orra S40 so if anybody coild help it would be great :D

tight lines and look forward to any responces

adam

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

If you have two spools of the same size first put your nanofil on then tie on some backing mono to the nano.

Now continue to fill the spool with the mono till it is full.

Now you wind the lot onto the other spool.

You will now have the mono at the bottom of the spool and the nanofil on top of the mono and a perfectly filled spool.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

Adam,

I couldn't begin to figure it out since I don't know what you're using for backing. If you're cheap, I would try to divide the nanofil is half. About 135 m. and then do it again in a year or so. If you back it with 0.25 put about 130 - 140 m. of backing on and the rest nanofil. Wouldn't that be about 1/2 and 1/2?

Phone

I agree with Phone. You only need to put on as much as you think you'll need to cover the longest cast and a little more for playing fish at distance, should the fish hare off.

I only put on about say 80 yards on my fixed spools. You could fill up the spool with a cheap line of a similar diameter, like Daiwa Sensor and then strip off about say 80 yards and then replace it with you line of choice.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'll be using a mono backing phone . About .25 mm thickness , was unsure what amount to use but ill fill it half and half thanks again all

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

After half a season of knot failures and inexplicable breakages, I gave up on the Nanofil.

It casts a country mile but I can't justify killing fish by leaving them to starve with a lure stuck in their gob on the basis of a few extra meters.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.