are they stupid?

no it lies in the airport and checkin totally at blame they let them get on the plane

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Incredibly, no-one - including the family - noticed the error and they got on the charter plane without realising where it was going.

Sounds like multiple issues to me. For one- why did they not go to the correct gate. Thick? Definitely... And she's a teacher?

At what point do you take responsibility for your travel? I think they should take the blame. It was their holiday.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

well no ,if a complete family can board the wong plane then how easy is it for a single bomber? ,not sure how they board the plane where they left from ( i assume you stroll across the tarmac with a score or so of planefulls of passengers) but most do check just before you get onboard its the right plane you are booked on ,what happened when the passengers turned up who's seats the family were sitting in came on? did they go to some other destination? on the other families plane?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the airline checking them in made the ultimate mistake, but the family should have realized it. It is the airports fault that they were given the wrong flight but their own fault for getting on it. Rule number one of traveling is to know where you are going and how you're getting there. That means knowing what flight you are getting on, what time it is supposed to depart, and what your destination is.

With that said though, there is no way I would have left the airport with just a 'replacement' holiday to a destination that wasn't my intended. They gave me the wrong ticket which made me miss my holiday with my family. They then couldn't get me where I needed to be. At the minimum I'd have the make up holiday (only if I wanted to go to the alternative destination anyway) plus a set of first class tickets from the airline to destination of choice.

Thanks,

Rick

what should be outlawed is over selling of seats ,you can book your holiday only to find "your" seats been taken ,in the age of computers its not needed but overlooked ,its a contract you hold with the seller hopefully HUGE fines (big enough to bankrupt the agency) will soon be brought in to stop this practice :angry:

if a family can wander about willy nilly and get on a plane little is learned in security at our airports :rolleyes:

it was the check in desk fault, for giving them the wrong boarding pass, but from that point on,the blame lies with them.

they must have gone to the wrong gate, at the wrong time, where the destination is clearly displayed,

the boarding pass also has the destination on it.

then getting on the plane, the first thing you hear is" welcome to the xyz flight to bodrum".

all of these would have given most people a bit of a clue!

perhaps they thought bodrum was in spain?

nah..........they´re just thick!

She said the passenger service agent who accepted them onto the wrong flight had been suspended from work pending a disciplinary hearing.

Yeah, 'cos nobody else in the world makes mistakes at work...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

it was the check in desk fault, for giving them the wrong boarding pass, but from that point on,the blame lies with them.

they must have gone to the wrong gate, at the wrong time, where the destination is clearly displayed,

the boarding pass also has the destination on it.

then getting on the plane, the first thing you hear is" welcome to the xyz flight to bodrum".

all of these would have given most people a bit of a clue!

perhaps they thought bodrum was in spain?

nah..........they´re just thick!

Must agree with you Cap'n

We fly a lot, and (like everyone else except these people) before leaving check-in, check the boarding passes are correct, check they have put the correct labels on our hold luggage, and have stuck the counterfoils on the boarding pass. It's not rocket science. The same principle holds when buying rail tickets, theatre tickets, tickets for Lords, Wimbledon, or even Eyewood Park! Check the damn things!

It is not unreasonable to expect people to know where they should be going! (I hope she was not a geography teacher :lol: ) You would not expect gate staff to query someone trying to get on the Turkish flight if they were holding the "correct" boarding cards for that flight.

One mistake by the check-in clerk - multi-mistakes by the family. Absolutely no-one else to blame.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

what happened when the passengers turned up who's seats the family were sitting in came on? did they go to some other destination? on the other families plane?

Well, no - once the family had been booked on the wrong flight, the check-in computer would allocate them seats, which would not then be available to someone else.

If the plane was not full, there would be no problem.

If the plane became overbooked, it would not occur to the airline that there were "strangers" on the flight - because overbooking is so common, the late comers would just be offered the next flight.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...