Cheesepaste

Severn Wolf

Just a quick one.Although traditionaly a chub bait,back in the mid 70's there was a great maggot shortage for a few weeks in the Midlands.One day during this period I watched a bloke land around a dozen 1lb+ roach on cheese paste from a local lake.1lb roach were fairly common on this water in that you would often take one or two among the normal catch of 50+ perch in a day but I never saw that many in one go before.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danish blue and parmesan cant be mixed together in their natural state as the blue is too hard. By microwaving parmesan and blue together( got to break it up into small pieces first) the oil in the cheese breaks down and melts allowing you to blend the two together. When the oil melts thats when the cheese starts to turn. Personally I wont use bread crumb in any cheese paste that I intend to stand and mature because I find the crumb goes mouldy. If you intend to use bread crumb in cheese straight away then thats ok,some of the Kraft cheese spreads are great for that straight from the tube, a good one being the prawn spread

I found that if you simply make a cheese sandwich and throw the lot in a liquidiser, you can make an excellent paste. Once liquidised, put the mix in a poly bag and work it with your hands till it forms a nice doughy substance. Leave the sealed bag somewhere warm for 2-3 days and use it directly on the hook.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Someone I used to know recommended using stilton and puff pastry with some garlic essence added.

Fishing a large (10 acres) lake in the summer, I found carp and chub loved it.... and tench! The disappointing thing was that nothing over 3lbs came out in over 12 hours!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Yes Ive used ready made frozen puff pastry as a base for cheese paste .It stays on the hook very well.I prefer to use natural cheeses to flavour it than carp type cheese flavorings.Taste and smell match and doesnt wash out.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I once had some unripe stilton that was too hard, so I hid it under the driver's seat in a friend's car. He didn't use his car for a week but it seems that the cheese was ready for anything when he next got into his car.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.