Your swim or theirs ?

Dave H

So another feisty debate coming up (Dale calm yourself)

Scenario.

You bait up a swim for three days. Then you arrive literally seconds behind an angler who has just dropped his bag and has yet to un pack anything. The whole Stillwater has say 50 pegs and say only 5 taken. The chap says to the guy as soon as he arrives ‘I am sorry but I have pre baited this swim for 3 days and I am just about to fish it now. Would you mind trying another please’?

You are the angler arrived in the swim what would you do after you have just paid your £50 ticket for 24 hours and after looking around liked this swim.? :doh:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

So another feisty debate coming up (Dale calm yourself)

Scenario.

You bait up a swim for three days. Then you arrive literally seconds behind an angler who has just dropped his bag and has yet to un pack anything. The whole Stillwater has say 50 pegs and say only 5 taken. The chap says to the guy as soon as he arrives ‘I am sorry but I have pre baited this swim for 3 days and I am just about to fish it now. Would you mind trying another please’?

You are the angler arrived in the swim what would you do after you have just paid your £50 ticket for 24 hours and after looking around liked this swim.? :doh:

Being a nice polite chap I would

Tell

the

other

bloke

to

F*** O**

But then I would never have made it as a politician :kissing:

John

Seriously Dave if you prebait a dayticket water or a popular one you just have to put up with it.

I think prebaiting these type of waters is probably not so effective anyway as loads of bait goes in all the time.

Prebaiting works really well on hardly fished waters and out of the way swims.

John

First come first served is my opinion - I wouldn't bother baiting somewhere that someone else may nab.

Was the pre-baiter on the fishery legally when he was baiting up for three days? Many have rules which exclude all but the fee-payers.

John. You scared me there until i scrolled down...LOL

I agree about the day ticket . Lets say somewhere like Wingham then.....a fairly hard water that baiting up is worth it?

Dave yes a little prebaiting is well worth it at Wingham but you have other high paying members too consider.

I would not heavy prebait either it would be a few offerings in a few swims of the bait I had decided was the right bait too try.

I would do it regularly and then if someone was in your swim then no problem as you have several prebaited swims.

The advantage with a syndicate is you have less anglers to fish a water the disadvantage is they all have to pay a lot more than a club angler and generally try to get value for money by fishing it a lot.

Also many club anglers hardly fish but the low cost means they rejoin. Most syndicate anglers are serious all year all weather anglers.

John

First come, first served. Understandings between groups of friends is different; if everyone knows someone is baiting a swim, it's good manners to leave them to it.

I wouldn't want to fish a swim that someone has prebaited. They probably did it wrong :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think my view would be well I know what I would do is pack up and leave them to it unless they really look like an idiot and a bit of a hood rat. I have yet to meet a hood rat at wingham but I don't think they would get through the gate. Although Steve with his 100 year old Rapala cap worries me!.

I am going to show my nice side and I would give up the swim and wish them the best of luck as I have all confidence in my own abilities which I was told was very successful and I only pre bait margins as I can be deadly accurate with placement of bait and presentation.So i was well happy with the comment.And thanks again

Over 50 yards although it looks like ground bait or pre baiting looks accurate again my mind thinks that the area is just to big especially where I went last year as I believe some fish in a small group could fill up way off the bait and it only needs to be a foot which is why I will always use a feeder or a PVC string or bag with the bait and no groundbait.

All my best fish since I was a boy have in most come from baited up margins. I do laugh towards the end of the day in a heavily stocked day ticket lake where they all have baits in the centre and none in the margins.....its just common sense surely?

Its first come first served, the other guy got there first - he may have also been prebaiting the peg.

I only prebait one water very lightly but prebait three or four pegs.

This gives me the option of fishing one of the other pegs if needs be OR moving between pegs if there is no action or signs of fish in the other spots.

Last year this paid off on one occasion as the peg I had in mind had the wind straight into it along with loads of drifting weed and general floatsam.

I fished one of the other pegs and picked up some nice Tench.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It's his peg and that's that. You could ask him to move but he's not obliged to move or even acknowledge your request.

Personally, if I were asked, I'd tell him to sit tight while I had a look for another swim that I fancied but that it's not guaranteed that I will move. If I was absolute in my choice of swim I'd politely tell him that I haven't seen another swim I'd like but I'd make no apologies.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...