First blank of the year

RUDD

Yes I agree John if I were to pick local waters to blank on Alton, Barham and Causeway would be my choice.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

A spot that I like near to Barham is the Gipping section down from the old lock at Blakenham to the railway bridge. It takes all the abuse the public throw at it and still produces some memorable scraps with chub. Some of the swims are challenging, well if you wish to retrieve the tackle they are! It is one of the few sections of the Gipping that equals the variety of the Stour,

"Muddlin' along"

A spot that I like near to Barham is the Gipping section down from the old lock at Blakenham to the railway bridge. It takes all the abuse the public throw at it and still produces some memorable scraps with chub. Some of the swims are challenging, well if you wish to retrieve the tackle they are! It is one of the few sections of the Gipping that equals the variety of the Stour,

Had my two biggest chub both on the same day while fishing for roach on a very cold day in the swim near the bridge: and on a mild christmas day I've had tench. Edited by garylee

Bit strange really.

When I visit barham and the area in general the word is the floods last year washed huge numbers of fish out of barham b.

Then in the next breath I hear the river is devoid of fish all the way to Ipswich.

Where have they gone. Did Rudd see them off felixstowe.

Have heard rumours the carp anglers a few years ago when it was a carp water used to chuck the bream and tench into the river. That might explain why large catches of quality tench come from GAPS stretch at elton water mank.

Ahh well I might just post a fishing report here again soon like I used too. With a good bag of fish from Barham. A few pictures aswell. For as long as the seasons will right themselves soon I can also gaurantee I will catch some good bags of fish and quality at barham this year.

That should put the mockers on it. :bangin:

John

Edited by John Weddup

Hi John

Looked on the GAPS web site today and they have stopped early membershil so I can't Join now until mid may.

Was hoping to fish it this weekend as I'm on holiday for a week from friday, never mind.

When it comes to fish movement strange thing have a habit of occurring around ICI,A and B just think about gippy !!

Hi John

Looked on the GAPS web site today and they have stopped early membershil so I can't Join now until mid may.

Was hoping to fish it this weekend as I'm on holiday for a week from friday, never mind.

When it comes to fish movement strange thing have a habit of occurring around ICI,A and B just think about gippy !!

Do you mean Dippy also was known as Gippy :)

The flood was that bad it ended up in Snake pit Essex!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Bit strange really.

When I visit barham and the area in general the word is the floods last year washed huge numbers of fish out of barham b.

Then in the next breath I hear the river is devoid of fish all the way to Ipswich.

Where have they gone. Did Rudd see them off felixstowe.

Have heard rumours the carp anglers a few years ago when it was a carp water used to chuck the bream and tench into the river. That might explain why large catches of quality tench come from GAPS stretch at elton water mank.

Ahh well I might just post a fishing report here again soon like I used too. With a good bag of fish from Barham. A few pictures aswell. For as long as the seasons will right themselves soon I can also gaurantee I will catch some good bags of fish and quality at barham this year.

That should put the mockers on it. :bangin:

John

The only fish in Felixstowe are in batter or freezers! ;)

If you google Dippy the carp there is an article by a Kev Garret about the carp in the tidal gipping.

Probably Barham escapees at the time.

I am starting to wonder if there are many fish left within a 20 mile radius of Ipswich. It would seem every water has been poached, had Otters or Cormorants, dieseases, robberies or a fish kill! I suspect many are rumours, heresay, hyped up, 2nd hand stories etc.

When I sat on one waters committee we heard a new story every week. Could not belive how many times I was asked if the rumour about the club folding or losing a water were true or did I hear about this and that.

There are a group of people out there who like to stirr up trouble or start a rumour. They are normally ex or banned members, members who want a water to themselves or members who think they can run a club but dont have the balls to put themselves up for nomination and a vote.

Glad I gave up the positions I held - now I can concentrate on my own fishing.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Do you mean Dippy also was known as Gippy :)

The flood was that bad it ended up in Snake pit Essex!

Yes I used the middle name. Gippy was a play on dippy named so because it was an easy fish to catch.

Yes the flood must have been of biblical proportions to move a fish that size twice.

Hi John

Hi Garry

last year they allowed a friend of mine to join about now after early joining scheme ended. I am sure you could join aswell if you wanted. Their AGM was last night so do not know who to contact until I hear. If you want to join I am sure could sort it for you. No club would turn away a new member.

If you want me to find out I have now pm'd you my email as workdays I do not keep my mobile with me.

John