Perch record?

davedave

Morning,

Does anybody know what the official perch record is? I got a free app for my new phone with a list of all the fish records on it. It had perch down at 5lb 9oz 8dr. I thought there had been 6 pounders caught? Or were these not official, I heard a story of someone that caught a 6 pound perch but in the pictures the idiot was stood right next to a no fishing sign, maybe that was it.

So is it 5lb 9oz 8dr or is it 6lb plus?

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 6lb+, but I can't remember exactly. I think the record is shared between stream valley (a commercial) and wilstone, one of the tring reservoirs.

There was a 6lb+ perch from the Thames, but it was caught in a no fishing marina plus the guy didn't have a rod license, so it wasn't recognised as the record.

Edit: looks like it's 6.04 from wilstone, unless it's been beaten since? http://www.tcfmagazine.com/news/item/275-perch-record-broken

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks anderoo, I was sure 6 pounders had been caught. I don't see why all record fish aren't recorded, whether it was caught without a license the fact is there is still a fish that weighs that amount, it shouldn't be condoned but I do think they should be put on the list.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

it shouldn't be condoned but I do think they should be put on the list.

What and give everyone a licence to poach, trespass and generally break the law - I bet many would risk this to see their name in lights...?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Good point Chris, but surely the fact is that a certain species of fish weighs that amount, it should be recorded? Or just ignored?

It's 6lb+, but I can't remember exactly. I think the record is shared between stream valley (a commercial) and wilstone, one of the tring reservoirs.

There was a 6lb+ perch from the Thames, but it was caught in a no fishing marina plus the guy didn't have a rod license, so it wasn't recognised as the record.

Edit: looks like it's 6.04 from wilstone, unless it's been beaten since? http://www.tcfmagazine.com/news/item/275-perch-record-broken

This fish was ratified at 6-03 - so an equal record - upto date record list can be downloaded as a word doc from here....

http://www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=41

C.

Cheers Chris.

Was the 23lb bream from ferry lagoon claimed? I thought it was. In which case the AT aren't very good at keeping that list up to date as they still have the 20.02 from stoneacres as the record.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Slighly off topic, but do any of you have any notion why they seem to grow bigger on mainland Europe?

ahvenetuJI1903_503_uu.jpg

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cheers Chris.

Was the 23lb bream from ferry lagoon claimed? I thought it was. In which case the AT aren't very good at keeping that list up to date as they still have the 20.02 from stoneacres as the record.

Doesn't look like it was claimed, list up to date as of 14 Dec 2012....

http://www.anglingtrust.net/news.asp?section=29&itemid=1447

C.

Davedave

Unless the app has a link to a reliable database where you can refresh the data, it will soon be wildly out of date. As it's free I would bin it

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not