Even for PETA, this is crazy

Newt

quote:

More Cow Cruelty

A Connellsville, Pa., high school's plan to put a cow out to pasture in order to make money for a prom will go on despite protests from a group of animal rights extremists that the fundraiser is demeaning to the animal, reports the Daily Courier.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) objected to the fundraiser, suggesting that it be "immediately replaced with a more humane and truly entertaining one."

A cruelty caseworker with the group said it is opposed to any event that uses animals as a form of entertainment. "Specifically, it's very demeaning to the animal," she said.

In the contest, players pay $10 each for any number of 3,000 squares marked off on the school lawn. A cow is then led onto the lawn to do its business, and the square with the most pies wins $10,000.

Now how, I ask you, can you make taking a crap "demeaning" to a cow?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

its laughable newt ,these people put animals welfare above our own ,look at our cities ,homeless people living in squalor ,unwanted children ,high crime ,maybe these peta people should put more effort into sorting out the troubles all around us rather than worrying that a cow crapping is demeaning ,i think peta should start a cow crap poll (interveiwing at least the high percent of cows in the world) to see what the cow thinks on the subject ,then a poll on sheep to see if sheepdog trials are demeaning to sheep ,then etc etc .

the trouble is that there is people in power out there that hang on every word that peta say . :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I seriously believe that PETA are their own worst enemies. :D

I feel that we as anglers should stockpile all of these ridiculous 'news' stories about PETA and keep them in storage. If PETA ever try and launch an attack on angling again, we should blitz everybody, every publication, every notice board, billboard, email address, Forum etc. with a mass examples of extreme stupidity from PETA. This exercise would undoubtedly make PETA the laughing stock they deserve to be :D:D

If the public see them for the idiots they are, they will have no credibility whatsoever... :D

For a significant share of that purse, I would do it in a heartbeat. LOL

OTOH - the cow won't get paid except maybe with some special eats.

I though of a follow-on project too. Cow Pies (country talk for cow plop) make great frisbees after they dry. Maybe a distance contest with them. Or maybe some additional use of the already-marked-off squares.

Course, some country person will need to supervise since city folk have been known to try with a cow pie that wasn't quite dry enough all the way through. ROF

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President