good buy ?????

butiaboy

is this a good buy ???????

wmac pole deal

its selling for £29.99

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Butiaboy = I have been dealing with wmac for a while now and know that when they say bargain they mean it. Just remember it is an 8m pole and not an 11m or longer, use it to pleasure fish and margin fish.

[ 15. March 2005, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Not so sure myself. Pound to a penny it's made of fibreglass (if it was carbon it would say carbon in the description)and will be as flimsy as a politicians promise.

Cheap tackle is usually a false economy, my advise would be to spend a bit more first as you'll only end up spending it later.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

can anyone recommend a pole in the under £50 price range if this pole is a not a good buy?

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

theres nothing wrong with badger tackle i already own a badger 7m whip

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

I asume that the mention of 1-8 elastic on the WMAC pole is its rating. If you are expecting to fish for carp that sounds a bit on the light side. Although I catch a lot of carp on 8 elastic I would like to have some margin for error.

Try here, I have some Carp Kinetics luggage and its pretty good, but I know nothing about their poles: https://prossl.co.uk/dragoncarpdirect.com/a...atch_poles.html

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

My son brought one last year..not bad for the money. Im not into the pole myself but i used it a few time on a little brook and found it heavy after a bit it seems that theres a lot of bend in it as well( theres prob a term pole anglers use for that)but the bits and bobs he got with it didnt last long....but its worth £30 just to see if you like pole fishing save spending an arm and a leg on something you dont like :)

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.