Scams

driller

There was a post a couple of days ago about scams involving Eastern Bloc people and Ebay. Today I got an Email from some supposed woman in Romania who had noticed that I'd been outbid on a Digital camera....She want's to sell me a similar one....No thanks! I'm curious as to how she sent me the Email though, it's from my own address to my own address but she does give me 'her' address in the text. :confused:

Paul

Julian:

quote:

Originally posted by Alan Taylor

Is there any way that you could send a reply with false details so these barstuards can get caught?

Alan, why not have a go at scambaiting? Scam the scammers:

:D Did it myself yesterday :D usual story about a hoard of diamonds etc.

I asked if the lady would put $7.500.00 in my account to clear the overdraft and allow for some expense money as the diamonds are in a bank in Spain :D

I am expecting a cheque any day now :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Ian Bass:

Driller,

Cheers mate, I am a Lloyds TSB customer. I am now aware of the scam thanks to you.

It must have been a while since you logged on to your Lloyds account. They have been posting warnings about these emails for weeks now.

[ 28. March 2004, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Paul_D:

There was a post a couple of days ago about scams involving Eastern Bloc people and Ebay. Today I got an Email from some supposed woman in Romania who had noticed that I'd been outbid on a Digital camera....She want's to sell me a similar one....No thanks! I'm curious as to how she sent me the Email though, it's from my own address to my own address but she does give me 'her' address in the text. :confused:

To find "Her" address in O/E Right click on the unopened message select Properties, then details, then message source and it will be on there. Or alternately subscribe to SPAMCOP (It's free) and they will direct all your spam etc to the correct authorities!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I had a week to go before paying for my car insurance when the broker instigated a direct debit from my account even though I had paid by cheque the previous year. He was using information from the year before that. How could LloydsTSB allow that without my signature?

I had to get hold of the central office somewhere and stop it.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net