Rip-Off Britain: it's official !

There is a link, albeit a tad tenuous, between this topic and coarse fishing, because, checking-out the cost of some ferry-crossings led me to the website of www.rip-off.co.uk and more particularly to this page

Obviously there's not enough room on their website to list all the offending Tackle Companies as well .... yet !

D :mad: G

[ 09. May 2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous. Try getting a pint in dublin you will see how cheap we are............Actually any product from a country with the EURO.

Now you see why we need to join to bring prices into line. No more Exchange costs for producers in UK No more exchange costs for anyone dealing with the rest of europe.

I recently staryed buying reels from the USA as they are so cheap for example

Daiwa Capricorn 3500 (r.r.p. £149) cheapest uk price i could find was £120 + £5 shipping, brought one from the USA and it cost me £44 delivered.

Spider Taratula Baitcaster £69.99 in the local tackle shop, £27 delivered from the USA.

20lb braid £20 in the uk, £6 in the USA

I could go on, the USA shops are making a profit otherwise they would go skint, so who is making a vast profit over here??

monkeyboy:

Ridiculous. Try getting a pint in dublin you will see how cheap we are

Try getting a bottle of wine in Spain, packet of fags in Greece, tube ticket in Paris, Ford Focus in Holland .... we are cheap?????

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Hey folks when the prices of items get too high or hard to find I go to E-bay. I have found that in a lot of instances the older reels are better than the newer models. I have also found and purchased reels like I used when I was a boy. It's fun going back to the fishing holes of boyhood with the same style rig you used 40 years ago.. good memories are hard to beat.

Living by the Square and on the Level

quote:

Originally posted by Jesse168:

It's fun .... fishing ...... with the same style rig you used 40 years ago.. good memories are hard to beat.

Not for me they're not! I know nostalgia's not what it used to be but try a day's fishing with a 3 metre split or whole cane roach pole compared with the modern-day 14 metre carbon-fibre PMC pole ..... poles apart :D

Nope, give me modern reels, rods, lines & hooks every time {sorry, Chesters! }

I do agree with you about eBay though :) although as you are in the USA, you can hardly grizzle about prices in the first place :rolleyes: ... what with BassPro & Cabela's.

I live in Rip-off Britain :mad:

DG

[ 13. May 2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]