Pike advice wanted

thejesmonddingo

Think we 'did' Wintersett on Anglersnet last year and the problem is that its very shallow close in. Someone who had recently fished it concluded that without a boat, wading was the only way to reach fishable sections.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I've been back to Damflask twice this week(I'm on holiday),and I've caught both times.A friend from work,who's been piking for years,was with me,and he blanked!Mind you ,I only had two little jacks,one each day.I think I'll try Cold Hiendley at the weekend.

P.S Both jacks were caught in the north-east corner.

Funnily enough, I just bought a compass...for a quid no less. I'll have to put the NE thing to the test.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Had several Pike out of Nostell Priory but haven't fished there for a few years now.....You can fish there with a Wakefield AA book which in itself is very good value.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
A good start on any water is from the North East Corner. Don't know why but it is a long recognised fact that pike favour such areas.

HI pete i belive that the reason that the north eastern corner of a water is a good spot is in most cases it gets the sun most of the day ie south facing. or maybe not just a thought.

What about the strike?

I have read several different opinions on here about when to strike when lure fishing, some wait to feel the fish swimming, some strike on what they think is first contact.

Always confuses me and this is not a good thing as I think Confidence is very important when lure fishing

What about the strike?

I have read several different opinions on here about when to strike when lure fishing, some wait to feel the fish swimming, some strike on what they think is first contact.

Always confuses me and this is not a good thing as I think Confidence is very important when lure fishing

i strike when i feel something pull back so that way i don't confuse a take with a snag. It works for me but others may have different views.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Striking will become instinctive. If I stop to think about it I suppose there are many times that I don't actually strike! The pike takes, the line is tight, the rod bends into the fight, the pike hooks itself. Another time I feel the take, I strike. Once the lure is in a pike's mouth you need to strike.