Overclocking

Gray-Catchpole

evening everyone

ive just managed to over clock my AMD Duron 1gig cpu, i used a normall carbon pencil to connect all the L1 connections, then ajusted the power to the cpu and it now runs at 1200mhz, great stuff, i only have one problem, and thats the temp that the cpu is running a massive 118 F, 48 C . to me this seems exrtreme is it????

cheers

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

lolololol very good hoppy

i just spoke to my uncle and he is running the duron 1 gig, and he has just a few degs below me at 116 F , so it seems i should be ok.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

ONLY 48 C ???????

My AMD Thunderbird 850 CPU used to run at around 70 degs C ...............for a short while.........then I found out that the cooling fan for the PSU was not working properly...... It then ran at around 80 C for a very short while ...........................................

Then it died :mad: :mad:

there are a few ways you can find the temp Dragon, first is in your bios, as yours is a nice fst cpu, then i would have thought your bios will have some sort of tempreture watch. when your machine boots press the DEL key, this should take you into your bios (a blue screen) with lots of options , look for a heading along the lines of "health monitoring", or "temp readings", it varies from bios to bios.

the other way is to download a program that will run from within windows, i prefer a program called "sisoft sandra" it does alot more besides tell you when your machine is about to blow up :) you can get a 30 day demo here http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra/

hope this helps

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

Gray - the operating temp you have seems to be pretty low for that particular CPU and especially with it overclocked. Excellent job.

Socket A CPUs Maximum Safe Operating Temperatures

Athlon, Duron - up to 1GHz 90°C

Athlon 1.1GHz or more 95°C

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Socket A CPUs Maximum Safe Operating Temperatures

Athlon, Duron - up to 1GHz 90°C

Athlon 1.1GHz or more 95°C

Newt

Does that include the Athlon XP`s???

Athlon XP 2100+

1934Mhz

156 fsb

1.80 volts

49 deg C

Anything more than 50C and it becomes unstable and freezes