My mum made me sugar sandwiches

Dave H

We had the sugar sarnies and with the rhubarb we got a twist of newspaper with sugar in.

We all had our own twist as well none of this double dipping for us . :D

Powsh coming from Grangetown you would ave mate, ha ha ha :icecream:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

or better still mashed-potato sandwiches. :)

Now yer talking, or even better a nice hot marrowfat pea sarnie dipped in the pea juice, :bleh:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Living in Blackpool in the 1970's(still do buy the way) I had NEVER seen the Illuminations switched on me and a mate decided to go and watch them come on. Deciding the town centre would be packed(they were switched on in Talbot Square outside the Town Hall then we decided to go to the Harrowside area South of the Pleasure Beach. We got there somewhat early so there was a café on Harrowside bridge and we had just enough for a cup of tea, a slice of bread and butter was 6d(ask your parents kids) yet a slice of buttered toast was 3d(Yes, we were confused too) so we had 2 slices of toast which we covered in sugar. NEVER had it before then and NEVER had it since. Just very weird that I remember that night over 40 years ago(considering I cannot remember what I did 3 days ago) And we saw the Lumi's come on too :icecream:

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Ian,

At least I learned what the "Illuminations" are (had to look it up). Sometimes, well most of the time, it is much easier to remember, with embellishments, 40 year ago.

Phone

• Like 1

My dad used to have beef dripping sarnies for his Monday pack up, urghhhhhhhh

“Vescere bracis meis”

My granddad would put anything in a sandwich. Banana, chocolate bars, sugar. Thin as a rake!

I've had a mince pie sarnie, and a corned beef pastie sarnie, all in a flat bread, or as its known here stottie cake sarnie. mmmmmm

“Vescere bracis meis”